276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Funkin Pro Coconut Fruit Puree, 1 kg

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cream of coconut is pureed, concentrated coconut that’s been sweetened—kind of like sweetened condensed milk is just condensed, sweetened milk. Coconut milk, coconut cream, cream of coconut—the names of these three foods are confusingly similar, so let’s break down the three: Put the cucumbers and Granny Smith apple peels in a VitaMix blender and mix on medium until well blended. Strain through a chinois. If you think about it from a technical perspective, it makes sense that cream of coconut is dairy-free. Because the base ingredient is just coconut, no actual dairy “cream” is ever added. Rather, the “cream” part is coconut meat that’s been mashed to a yummy, fatty, creamy texture!

Coconut cream is such a simple coconut DIY that I’ve even included two methods. The first is more of a traditional method and is already super simple. However, the second method is even simpler – so simple in fact I’d call it a coconut cream ‘cheat’ (and all you need is a juicer). For the meringue, heat the sugar and a little water together and in a separate bowl, gently whisk the egg whites. Coconut puree is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes, both sweet and savory. Some popular uses include adding it to smoothies and oatmeal, as a topping for ice cream and waffles, in curries, soups, and stir-fries, as a creamy base for vegan desserts, and as a dairy-free cream for coffee and tea. What are some variations of coconut puree?Note* you can then use the coconut shell to make DIY coconut bowls. However, if you want to do this – it’s best to use the saw method and cut them open through the middle. You might also want to skip the step of making the holes, but in this case, you might lose the coconut water unless you open it over a bowl and then strain the liquid. We broke down the differences between cream of coconut and coconut cream above, but this section will explain the difference between the two in a bit more detail. Depending on what type of recipe you’re using it for, you could also substitute a coconut syrup like the ones used in flavored sodas and coffees. WHERE DO I FIND CREAM OF COCONUT? Next, break the coconut shells and extract the coconut flesh. You can do this with a hammer, by banging it against a sharp/hard edge, with a small hand saw or any other favourite method of yours. One of my favourite ways to use this is to make it into coconut whipped cream. You can then use this as a dairy-free ‘frosting’/cream for cakes – like this Raspberry & Coconut Cake recipe.

To make, combine the ingredients by simmering on low heat until the mixture reaches a syrup-y consistency. Serve and enjoy! You can keep this syrup in an airtight jar in the fridge for several weeks. HOW LONG DOES CREAM OF COCONUT LAST? This recipe is gluten-free and great for those who are lactose intolerant or dairy-free as it can be used as a dairy replacement in so many recipes. Making it homemade also tastes so much better than canned (if I do say so myself) versions from grocery stores.

Next, add the coconut flesh to a high-speed blender/food processor and blitz to shred it. Add 4 cups of water and blend again to obtain coconut milk.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment