276°
Posted 20 hours ago

All Bleeding Stops Eventually: A Lenny Moss Mystery

£5.715£11.43Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Keep your chops up with constant questioning of your own work. React against your work. Be hypercritical. Do in the next work what you aimed for but failed to do in the last one. Don't be afraid to attempt great themes: death, war, sexuality, identity, fate, God, existence, politics, love. Write because you want to show something. To show that the world is shit. To show how fleeting love and happiness are. To show the inner workings of your ego. To show that democracy is in danger. To show how interconnected we are. (Each "to show" is active and must be personal, deeply held, true to you.) Rossaint R, Bouillon B, Cerny V, Coats TJ, Duranteau J, Fernández-Mondéjar E, Stahel PF, Hunt BJ, Komadina R, Nardi G, Neugebauer E, Ozier Y, Riddez L, Schultz A, Vincent JL, Spahn DR, Task Force for Advanced Bleeding Care in Trauma: Management of bleeding following major trauma: an updated European guideline. Crit Care 2010, 14: R52. 10.1186/cc8943 To my right, a crimson curtain cascaded down, splashing and deteriorating into the pool that I found myself lying in. In a dreamlike daze, I held my fingers up to the warm and dripping liquid, let it run down my hand and forearm. How the light glinted off of the blood.

On 5 July, the NHS will celebrate its 75th anniversary. To coincide, a special series of programming across the BBC spanning BBC Radio 4, BBC News and Radio 5 Live will take the temperature of the national health service to consider what the future might look like for the NHS’s huge workforce and the patients who rely on it. Presented by comedian, actor, musician and author Bill Bailey, Extraordinary Portraits will pay tribute to NHS heroes, marking the 75th Anniversary of the NHS with a series of specially commissioned and inspiring portraits. This six-part series explores the art of portrait making, as Bill - a keen art lover - pairs up some of the most inspiring NHS staff with leading British artists. We discover the stories of compassionate doctors, inspiring nurses, dedicated porters, passionate paramedics and cleaners who go above and beyond to help the people they care for. Their work, lives and personalities are captured for posterity in a new collection of compelling portraits. CBBC Be prepared to risk your entire reputation every time you write, otherwise it's not worth your audience's time. I found a brief solace in the stoic saying, but cynicism returned. Whoever had written that saying had never been in a situation like this, a patient bleeding an infinite supply of blood. You can scram. I’ll take it from here,” I told my nurse Sheila. I could sense her antsy agitation. Her kid had a school concert this evening that she had to get home and get ready for. We were already running way behind and she had already set up my sterile field.From 10 July, Radio 4 will interrogate the current challenges facing the NHS and consider suggested solutions with four-part documentary series The NHS: Who Cares? presented by Kevin Fong. The series will bust myths as it takes a hard look at the realities of the modern day complexities of providing healthcare fit for 21st century Britain. In Al Smith's two part drama, All Bleeding Stops Eventually, the NHS is examined from the viewpoint of a doctor who becomes a patient. Florence dedicated her life to helping those in need. She was a trailblazer who led a group of nurses to care for wounded soldiers during the Crimean War and developed revolutionary views about hygiene and sanitation. Hailed as a heroine by Queen Victoria and the British people upon her return from the front, Florence Nightingale went on to establish the Nightingale Training School for Nurses and despite chronic illness, continued in her efforts to reform healthcare at home and abroad from her London salon. You probably dropped by to see if I was going to be funny. And I'm going to disappoint you on that front. Instead, I'm going to share the thoughts of Jose Rivera ( Cloud Tectonics, Marisol, References to Salvidor Dali Make Me Hot, et al) on playwriting, a subject near and dear to my heart (not to mention my master's degree and my student loans). These are some of the most compelling thoughts about the subject I've ever read. And while it's long and probably not a topic you give a flip about ... read it anyway. It's provocative, and I promise you'll find something to think about. Character is the embodiment of obsession. A character must be stupendously hungry. There is no rest for those characters until they've satisfied their needs.

I abandoned any pretense of saving the patient. He was clearly still alive if not conscious. What else but his beating heart would be causing the blood to continue to pump? I only wanted to leave and call in reinforcements, maybe an exorcist or shaman. Steve Rogoff is a family physician and author who lives in Kauai with his wife and 3 children. Raised in Los Angeles and graduated with honors from Berkeley, he began writing more intensely while living in South America during a gap year between medical studies at UC San Diego. It was there he found his voice, writing two collections of short stories, Colors and Shadows and the unpublished Dark Side of the Light, as well as his first novel, Nazca. My department training an average of 12 people a day for a full calendar year (4,380 people) in basic bleeding control and hands-only CPR, and giving them all a tourniquet C was circulation, the pumping of the heart. You had to take care of those things in that sequence to stabilize the patient. Establish an airway and respirations, then take care of the compressions.Comedian and broadcaster Dr Phil Hammond's How I Ruined Medicine draws on his own experiences to ask if his investigations into medical malpractice have done more harm than good for healthcare overall. Rhythm is key. Use as many sounds and cadences as possible. Think of dialogue as a form of percussive music. You can vary the speed of the language, the number of beats per line, volume, density. You can use silences, fragments, elongated sentences, interruptions, overlapping conversation, physical activity, monologues, nonsense, non-sequiturs, foreign languages. Florence Nightingale was an activist, a social reformer, a statistician, and a bold nurse who defied stifling British conventions to change history. An indisputable pioneer, Nightingale died in 1910 aged of 90, leaving behind an inspirational legacy that benefits everyone’s medical care today. Of course, the bleeding did eventually stop. I would like to take credit with my clever use of pressure, ice, epinephrine, etc. But, I think the credit goes to the ago-old aphorism; “All Bleeding Eventually Stops.” Well, that and the patient’s natural clotting process.

This is obviously bar-napkin math, but you begin to see why people who do what I do often pursue what to the public may seem like counterintuitive aims. “Why are we spending all this money on training when we could invest it in armed guards to keep people safe?”. Mass-training programs, like the now decades-long push to teach the public CPR, provide a lot of benefits compared to the relatively modest investment required. Which leads me to another of my favorite old medical phrases: Tincture of Time. A tincture, for those of you who are not pharmacists in the 1910’s, is a concentrated liquid herbal extract, made from soaking plants with assumed medical properties in alcohol. So, Tincture of Time is the “medicine” of just waiting for a patient to heal themselves. Sometimes, that’s the best thing to do. Or the only thing to do. If you’ve already tried all the actual medicines.

BBC Four

I myself had been the recipient of such calls. Family doctors had called me in a panic, getting in too deep with their own procedures, and I had nonchalantly arrived to solve their problems. The final criticism, which often comes from professionals, is that we can’t expect “lay people” or “civilians” to do these things, let alone do them correctly. They, rightly, point out that out of people who learn CPR, only a percentage of them will actually perform CPR if the time comes, and only a small percentage of that group will do it correctly. This is true, but it is all the more reason to give better training to more people to increase the numbers of people who know these skills, choose to do them when needed, and do them correctly. Spahn DR, Cerny V, Coats TJ, Duranteau J, Fernández-Mondéjar E, Gordini G, Stahel PF, Hunt BJ, Komadina R, Neugebauer E, Ozier Y, Riddez L, Schultz A, Vincent JL, Rossaint R, Task Force for Advanced Bleeding Care in Trauma: Management of bleeding following major trauma: a European guideline. Crit Care 2007, 11: R17. 10.1186/cc5686 I’ve just got a bleeder in here somewhere that I need to stop. These things happen sometimes. No need to worry.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment