276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Definitive Book of Body Language: How to read others' attitudes by their gestures

£4.44£8.88Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I frequently find myself sat studying in a busy library, noticing body language during interactions between people around me. Often, I notice a stark difference in freshers interacting and third years interacting with one another. If you yourself find it difficult to interpret or convey what gestures communicate, Allan and Barbara Pease’s book may be ideal. It has been proven that the most successful people in their careers are those who are highly aware of their body language and that of others. This is key, because the body says much more than our words. In fact, several researches have shown that only 30% of communication is determined by the verbal, the rest (70%) is what we communicate with non-verbal aspects. Since childhood, I've always fantasized having the superpower of mind reading and ever since being exposed to a diverse set of materials on body language I can assert that I've actually cultivated some skills in this vain :D :P.

Allan are the internationally renowned experts in human

Joe Navarro is something of an expert in the world of body language. As an ex-FBI officer, his career was based on seeing these signals in people. Louder Than Words: Take Your Career from Average to Exceptional with the Hidden Power of Nonverbal Intelligenceby Joe Navarro Overall: This book was exactly what I was looking for. It does not go into every type of common body gesture, but definitely enough to keep you busy for a while. Immediately after I started reading this book I began to notice the behaviors in myself and my colleagues. I think this book is more useful for reading people in social or personal situations because it is much easier to accurately read someone's body language in a purer/ more natural state. For example, in a business meeting a colleague may rub their chin. The book would say that can indicate someone who is thinking/contemplating and secondary gestures should be watched to indicate what their decision may be. In a business meeting that same gesture could be a cover up for day dreaming, an attempt to please their boss or simply trying to stay awake. When I make assumptions based on the book in business settings I have been wrong because so many factors could lead to the emotion that is creating the language and most of which have nothing to do with me or the current interaction. In personal settings it is spot on and can sometimes be very entertaining. The chapter talking about women and what their facial expressions indicate is priceless and men should read it just so they know when to chance course in their behavior or conversation. This book by Allan Peace is the bible of the body language books and reference to many results you see when you google about this topic and covers a wide and thorough spectrum of topics. Conversationally Speaking: Tested New Ways to Increase Your Personal and Social Effectivenessby Alan GarnerSitting up straight, for example, may indicate that a person is focused and paying attention to what's going on. Sitting with the body hunched forward, on the other hand, can imply that the person is bored or indifferent. Nair S, Sagar M, Sollers J 3rd, Consedine N, Broadbent E. Do slumped and upright postures affect stress responses? A randomized trial. Health Psychol. 2015;34(6):632-641. doi:10.1037/hea0000146 Another book written by a husband and wife duo about body language. This book was originally published in 2004. It excels in differentiating the body language behavior of both sexes. The book is great. As opposed to the other books, this one only focuses on how to adjust your own body language. The writing is great but the illustrations could be better. Below are books on body language. This list will be updated when more are found, but feel free to share ones not listed and we will add them.

The Definitive Book of Body Language - Penguin Random House

Basically, it's a review of all the body parts that are used in body language, some of which I'm already familiar with and others of which I'm not. Because I'm somewhat interested in the subject, I found this to be fascinating. If you found this list useful, do not forget to share it on your social networks. Remember that “Sharing is Caring”.

The "okay" gesture, made by touching together the thumb and index finger in a circle while extending the other three fingers can be used to mean "okay" or "all right." In some parts of Europe, however, the same signal is used to imply you are nothing. In some South American countries, the symbol is actually a vulgar gesture. This book helps you read others better and convey your messages to the worldwith confidence in words and actions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment