276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Summer at the Ice Cream Café: Brand-new for 2023: A perfect feel-good summer romance from the bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Here, we celebrate our imperfections' swimming in sea 🏊‍♀️ with others 'welcome to the Swn Y Mor Mermaids 🧜‍♀️ This place felt so alive' We meet Beca Valentino, fed up with her life in London she decides to sell her business and return home to Pembrokeshire, Wales. Having found her dream home she sees this as a sign and makes her move. With a heavy heart, she finds the gelateria her beloved nonno and nonna used to run has been taken over, the name changed, and redecorated beyond recognition. And worse still it was bought by Ed, her ex! Pistachio Ice Cream –a light ice cream with a sweet and nutty flavour combined with undertones of almond. One to make your menu stand out!

Summer at the Ice Cream Café by Jo Thomas | Goodreads Summer at the Ice Cream Café by Jo Thomas | Goodreads

Returning home isn't as easy as she thought, however. Her family's beloved ice cream cafe is gone - turned into a soulless wine bar by her hateful ex-boyfriend. Reconnecting with her oldest friend, fisherman Griff, isn't straightforward either. And when, instead of the children she expected to take in, two wary teenage boys appear on her doorstep, Beca fears she's made a terrible mistake.There is just so much to love with this book, and Jo Thomas was come up trumps with this novel. It's deliciously fantastic, and it even made me want to visit Wales, which given I tend to prefer a foreign holiday, is a feat in itself. One of the biggest disappointments she finds is that Valentino’s, her family’s famed ice cream shop is now being run as a modern, trendy wine bar, selling ice-cream which is nowhere near as delicious as her family used to make. I loved this story. The story line was completely new I had not come across this concept before. I just goes to show if you want something it is certainly worth going after it. This gripped me fully and I found it hard to put the book down. What an absolutely brilliant read this was! I couldn't put it down once I'd started reading - it drew me in immediately and I cared about the characters so much that I needed to know if they got the happy ending!

Summer at the Ice Cream Café (Audio Download): Jo Thomas

Jo Thomas worked for many years as a reporter and producer, including time at Radio 4's Woman's Hour and Radio 2's The Steve Wright Show. As with every read from Jo Thomas, mouthwatering descriptions throughout left me feeling very hungry after every sitting. I love every book as it takes us somewhere different, with a mix of various foods, flavours, smells and experiences and this book is no exception.The coolest spots in town, providing the goods whether you've been for a walk in the wonderful nature that surrounds us, on your commute, or want to plan a day around a cool sweet treat (we don't blame you).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment