276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Every Word You Never Said (3) (A Noahverse Story)

£8.995£17.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Firstly, the amount of pop culture references. It’s realistic that teens bring these things up in conversation, but honestly they served no purpose and just seemed cringy.

As with all great books, the supporting cast is exceptional! The quintessential outcasts. Imani, pansexual and Wiccan, and Seth, straight and a complete nerd. They compliment each other, and Skylar, even if he can’t see it or understand, fits in with these misfits perfectly and is what Skylar needs in his life. I've said all I wanted to say, so I'll close out with one of my favourite passages from the collection: Show me how you tell someone that the thought of them spreads like a warm river through your soul, until it leaves through the eyes" Poetry is a very individual experience-- Every single person has a unique experience to the way it is written. No two interpretations of any one poem are the same. When a poet writes a poem, they are, in essence, writing to themselves. Poems are personal. There is a piece of the author within every word. Poetry tells many a story, and it tells them through a unique medium of thought, emotion, and word choice. For me it was very cringey though that they called themselves mom and dad and expected Skylar to call them that too? I wouldn’t expect a teenager I just adopted to call me that at all if it wasn’t coming from them in the first place.Remove the ‘issues raised and booktok abuse’, this was a nice slow read for me. I enjoyed the banter, foot in mouth and digs at each other. I enjoyed the fact it was an accurate, age appropriate representation over anything Poetry means different things to different people. Hell, it can even mean literally nothing at all to you. That's the beauty of what it is as a medium. It can be that connection, that feeling of "Someone else finally understands. Thank the stars. Thank the stars. I'm not alone." Indeed, even after giving this five stars, I feel like that's not quite what I meant. Reviewing poetry also feels equally as such, but this moved me in a way I felt compelled to share. Anyway, please do not let my review put you off reading this book! Every Word You Never Said has all kinds of great representation. Throughout the story, there were a lot of important topics discussed and i think these conversations were all handled very well. If you’re looking for a super sweet, queer romance with boys wearing skirts, then this could be a book for you! Skylar is nonverbal, gay, very unsure of his place and having anything of permanence in his life. I adored Skylar. He didn’t always make the best choices but he was a 16 year old experiencing things like family, friends, love, and belonging for the first time in his life. He also loves wearing skirts and pretty clothes, which starts causing a commotion within the school community.

You cannot fix me because I am not broken. And even though everything has changed, I am still more than I've ever been. This book touched on so many important issues - clothing and gender, ableism and disability, sexuality, religion, homophobia, friendship, first love and not feeling good enough. His supportive adoptive parents were great too, encouraging him to be who he is and dress and act like he wants to. I also really love that Skylar likes to wear skirts and makeup. Once again, it’s something we don’t see a lot of, even in more progressive and diverse books/movies/shows, so it was really nice to have a gender non-conforming MC.

More from Series

I am beyond excited to reveal the cover of my newest young adult novel, Every Word You Never Said!Lucia Barreda, the same amazing artist that created the character art for Watching for Comets, has not only drawn the character art for this story, but she stepped up and designed a stunning cover for the book as well. I love it, and I'm sure you will too. Skylar Gray: The biggest thing for me was the fact that he in nonverbal, adopted, queer and has been bullied for all that and bounced around from foster home to foster home but still retained his kindness towards people.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment