276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Half of It: A Memoir

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Another things I really appreciated was her discussing her presence cemented on the internet; people can talk all they want about “you chose this, and if you can’t handle it, why don’t you stop?” My heart breaks for what Madison has been through and i feel like a lot of people - especially women - will relate to the dark parts she decided to share in this memoir. I saw myself reflected in her words, thoughts and insecurities and i felt comfortably close to her in that regard.

Madison Beer announces debut memoir ‘The Half Of It’ Madison Beer announces debut memoir ‘The Half Of It’

The internet is a cruel and evil place! We all got one life to live. Don’t waste your time here spreading hate towards people. Always spread love and be kind to one another. You never truly know what someone is going through. Beer also revealed in the interview that the follow-up to her 2021 debut album ‘Life Support’ will be “coming soon”. The singer, 24, revealed her memoir The Half Of It would be released in the UK this August, some four months after it dropped in the USA. In the book, the Good In Goodbye songstress gives a raw account of the past decade of her life spent in the spotlight.She's candid about her experience with mental health, how she battled suicidal thoughts while making her debut album Life Support, and her recovery since. Madison is close with her fans, both online and in person - but her memoir highlights that no matter how close the internet may make us feel to people, we truly don’t know the half of it. A memoir from singer-songwriter Madison Beer, chronicling the past decade of her life spent in the spotlight–the ups, the downs, and the in-betweens that you won’t see on social media.

The Half of It: A Memoir by Madison Beer | Goodreads The Half of It: A Memoir by Madison Beer | Goodreads

I hope by sharing my honest journey that perhaps someone that wanted to hide behind a keyboard to be mean or poke fun at someone else’s expense thinks twice before they hit ‘send.’ I hope that we can find the strength to support each other and that we can work to treat others in the way we would want to be treated. But this book truly brought me closer to her and made me feel so much empathy towards her. We're actually the same age, so I've always felt some kind of connection and "special" understanding, but her book totally helped me see her from an entirely different perspective, and a very positive one actually. The Half Of It is a true testimony of ‘it’s not what it always seems’. On the surface, Madison seemed happy but sadly it wasn’t like that behind closed doors. The things that she has had to deal with, the leaked photos and bullying she had to endure from such a young age are so heartbreaking and something she should have never had to deal with. My first thought is: wow. I’m in awe of Madison’s vulnerability and honesty in this memoir. Especially after revealing that her anxiety manifests in paranoia surrounding how those perceive her. I struggled with something similar when I was younger, obviously on a much smaller scale. Her choosing to write this book and so openly discuss her life and opinions is nothing short of brave. Especially so given that she struggles with paranoia.I also loved the sections with prompted journal entries surrounding the experiences she discussed in the previous chapter. It was very similar to Rupi Kaur’s “Healing through Words,” but I’ve never seen it included in a memoir like that. It really added to the idea that this is not just a memoir about Madison, but a learning experience to rethink your own experiences.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment