276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Milescraft 1312 DrillBlock- Handheld Drill Guide

£7.25£14.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the 75 x 75 mm base body can also be secured to the workpiece with a clamp if needed or required.

Have to say it’s quality is evident and I recommend it but with the caveat that it’s imperial sized. Gluing the two parts together again ensures that the parallel walls will keep the 1/8″ (3mm) drill bit square when we use it to clean up the hole after the glue has dried. This substantial drill guide block provides the stability and guidance required to drill perfectly straight, accurate holes on a wide range of surfaces. All bit sizes and centre lines are deeply recessed within the body of the block to ensure that they will never wear away over time. I use a simple homemade guide that can be made from scraps in just a few minutes and that ensures the hole runs true to guide either pilot holes for screws, twist drills and auger bits and more.Even with experience, it can be difficult to drill holes square to the wood in both directions with a handheld drill no matter the type.

I designed it to work as a guide in making many projects as in the case of making my router plane where accuracy is critical for attaching all of the metal components. Credit is provided by Novuna Personal Finance, a trading style of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Anyone with an accurately set up drill press could simply mark the top of a piece of wood and drill it through to make a drill bit guide. Having drilled to a reasonable depth, you can carry on drilling deeper without the guide, as the hole itself will guide you. With the JUUMA drill guide, you always have an open view of the drilling position, as the base body is made of transparent acrylic.

To do this, insert the two centering pins supplied into the diagonally arranged holes in the base plate. Use of two blocks enables perfect alignment between all the holes - one block is used to hold the mast while the other is stationed for each set of holes. I used the bandsaw to rip the trued blank into two but you can saw down accurately with a handsaw and true up the joining faces.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment