276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings: Boxed Set

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The horses in general are a particular beautiful part of the films, except that tons of them died during the making of the movies of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Brand new deluxe edition of this definitive companion to The Hobbit, quarter-bound, stamped in gold foil with a unique design inspired by J.

There's a World of books to choose from such as: Children's Books, Range includes Baby Books (0-3), Books for Toddlers (3-5), Early Readers (5-7), Childrens Story books (7-11), Young Teens (11-14), Young Adults (14-16) and Childrens Educational Books. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen's Advice Bureau if you are in the UK). Middle-earth will forever hold a special place in my heart, and I eagerly look forward to revisiting its wonders time and time again. In The Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins is whisked away from his comfortable, unambitious life in Hobbiton by the wizard Gandalf and a company of dwarves. Registered office address: Unit 34 Vulcan House Business Centre, Vulcan Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 3EF.They are illustrated throughout by Alan Lee, the lead concept artist for Peter Jackson's Oscar-winning film adaptation. Whether revisiting these beloved tales or encountering them for the first time, readers are guaranteed an unforgettable journey through the realms of Middle-earth. He wants the wealth of characters to match the number of unimportant side characters one would expect from a historical text. One of Tolkien’s greatest strengths lay in his ability to craft languages and cultures that felt authentic and lived-in.

Tolkien addresses the young reader directly several times, reminding them of something he's told them in an earlier chapter and that sort of thing. But underneath all of that, Tolkien does have an appealing and exciting story to tell, of war and succession and moral struggles--the same sort of story that has been found in our myths since the very earliest writings of man.

In which case (as I believe) salvation from ruin will depend on something apparently unconnected: the general sanctity (and humility and mercy) of the sacrificial person. Classic hardback edition of the first volume of The Lord of the Rings, featuring Tolkien’s original unused dust-jacket design. But his literary work did not start and end with Middle-earth, he also wrote poetry, children’s stories and fairy tales for adults. Although LoftR is a "pagan" story (no religion) it is filled with Christian themes of mercy, free will, divine mission, and hope, individual worth, and salvation.

Tolkien’s own full-colour illustrations, complete with an illustrated booklet on the writing of the book from the author's son Christopher. Stunning 40th anniversary collector’s edition of this collection of tales which takes readers further into stories told in The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion, featuring 18 full-colour paintings, housed in a matching illustrated slipcase with two removable full-colour posters unique to this edition. He probably could have written you a tome that details every moment of Middle Earth for 5000 years (which may be "The Simarillion", actually -- I don't know, I only made it fifty pages into that one). Treasured by readers young and old, these works of sweeping fantasy, steeped in unrivalled magic and other-worldliness have sold more than 150 million copies around the world. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose.Including all sorts of adventures with Gandalf, Gollum, dragons and monsters, in the quest to destroy the One Ring!

Son libros pequeños, de bolsillo básicamente, útiles para llevarlos cargando a todos lados, solamente con uno de ellos tuve un problema de que al estarlo leyendo se le zafó la cubierta y tuve que arreglarlo, pero de ahí en más no tuve ningún problema con ellos. Our Non-Fiction Range includes: Academic, Photography, Audio books, Business, Cook Books, Craft Books, Health and Fitness Books, Mind, Body, Spirit (Tarot).If it weren't for the giddy excitement of finally discovering the literary roots of one of my favourite film-trilogies, I wouldn't have ever made it through these.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment