276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Game of Fate: 1 (Hades Saga)

£10.315£20.63Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After he sees the car carrying Persephone disappear around the corner, Minthe tells him that Thanatos, the God of Death, has been waiting for him in the Throne Room, so Hades teleports there. Thanatos gives him the news that the Fates are in an uproar, because Atropos’ shears had been broken, and together they head over to Fates’ island, where the Fates tell him that they went to cut Sisyphus’ thread, only for it to be reinforced and resulting to the destruction of Atrophos’ shears. They threaten him with unravelling the thread connecting him and Persephone if he is not able to get Sisyphus, and kill him. Hades does not want that to happen, so he goes to Hephaestus and asks him to repair the shears but also to create a weapon that does not kill but forces the person to tell the truth.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed the book and I loved seeing this Greek Mythology stuff from the perspective of the God. Of course, there are some weird things that I’m questioning about it–apparently all the Gods and Goddesses have horns on their heads as a sign of Divinity, which I don’t recall being the case in the original myths, and Hades specifically can turn his fingers into screw-like spikes, which sounds terrifying and a bit ridiculous? But I really enjoyed his moody, and broody personality, and can’t wait to see more of him in the near future.In online games, the number of players that can play at once is usually determined by the game’s server capacity. For example, a game with a server capacity of 8 would allow up to 8 players to be logged in and playing at the same time. However, some games have different modes that allow for more or fewer players. For example, a game might have a 4-player co-op mode and a 6-player competitive mode.”

There are some editing errors, which have been a common thing of late (paragraphs in wrong places, ” marks in wrong spots, spelling errors, etc.) that I’ve noticed in all the books I’ve read in the last month. But it was minor enough that I could overlook it, though it still took me out of the book for a moment each time. As I haven’t with the other books, I thought I’d just mention that.

Customer reviews

A Game of Fate is a game for two players. The aim of the game is to be the first player to achieve 10 points. The game ends when one player has captured all of their opponent’s pieces, or when one player has no pieces left to move.” Still, I couldn’t put this book down, and I really want to see where this series goes from here. The next book I think is A Touch of Malice which comes out in May of this year. Overall, I would give A Game of Fate a 3.5 out of 5-star rating. It’s good and different from A Touch of Darkness where you don’t feel like you’re reading the same book twice, but there’s not a lot of character growth. Hades is pretty much the same from start to finish, he doesn’t really grow from his insecurities. Granted, I think that’s more something for him that happened in A Touch of Ruin. He’s not open about his feelings or really anything with Persephone. Not to mention, the charity project that’s his character growth moment isn’t written in a way where it feels like a character growth moment. And that could’ve been the perfect opportunity for it since it does show change. He took Persephone’s advice over how to do his bargains differently, a different want to help addicts rather than just challenging them and letting them figure out how to get better. It could’ve been more is all I’m saying, but that entire character growth moment was written like an afterthought. Whereas, for Persephone is was huge as their relationship changes and develops from there from attraction to love. It can be found in ancient cultures all over the world. The Chinese have been playing variations of The Game of Life for centuries. The ancient Egyptians also had a similar game that was used to determine one’s social status and place in the afterlife.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment