276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Hunger of the Gods: 2 (The Bloodsworn Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She has more than earned her moniker of Orka Skullsplitter, which is one of the cooler names in fantasy I have to admit. I was reading this in a receptive state of mind—I was embroiled in the plot, excited about the resurrection of the gods, and yes, fairly emotional in some heart-wrenching moments.

A book of forbidden magic with the power to raise the wolf god Ulfrir from the dead…and bring about a battle that will shake the foundations of the earth. I wanted to savor every page and slow down to enjoy it more, but at the same time I couldn't help devouring it in huge marathon sessions because the story is just that great. I did not like her in the first book, well, I was just bored reading her PoVs the most and I wasn't interested in her arc at all. It has a well developed and immersive Viking world that feels real and much better then a TV show could ever produce. This was an epic and action-packed fantasy about vengeance, loyalty, friendship, power, grief and love.That difficultly of keeping track of them led to me struggling to emotionally connect to the characters. The three main POV characters—Orka, Varg, Elvar—from the first book have to deal with the aftermath of their respective conclusion. I learned later that some copies had extra material in this concern and some didn't for some reason. I also wish that I had a big map of the world with statues of he characters that I could move along the map and see how everything come together because that’s simply how much I was submerged in the story.

But as we all know already, none of our top favorite authors can keep a 5/5 stars track record lasting forever. It's frequent for the middle book in a series to be the worst one (looking at you Mistborn), but thankfully this book breaks from that trend. I can see that would help avoid the pain of betrayal, true enough, but it also stops you feeling the joy of friendship or love. How they honor their family, friends, responsibilities, own up to their mistakes, find humor, strength, and love in the darkest times, and how the best people look out for those being mistreated. They go above and beyond what their body is capable of and use their strengths to fight off fears as they embark on their voyage.However, the use of language added another layer of enjoyment to this book that most readers will unfortunately not experience.

So Gwynne has definitely given us a broader view of the players in book two and the results are spectacular. Along their journey they meet new challenges and strengthen their friendships with their fellow warriors. The Hunger of the Gods tempestuous final chapters have successfully prepared readers for the grand conclusion to come.Though some characters, like Svik and Einar, took more of a supporting role/backseat in this installment. Whether it's the Greek-mythology original trilogy or the newly released Norse-mythology one, I think they're all masterwork in video games. It is worth noting that the three main POV characters in The Shadow of the Gods didn’t have an intersecting storyline or chapters until literally the last chapter of the book. Una saga que integra continuamente elementos nórdicos de una manera tan eficiente que es para aplaudir. The author did such a great job of describing and developing the characters, they were so realistic and complex.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment