276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Delicacy: A memoir about cake and death

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

McCrum, Kirstie (23 March 2013). "Katy Wix is Wales' newest funny girl". WalesOnline . Retrieved 31 December 2022. Do you know Iyanla Vanzant? She started off on The Oprah Winfrey Show – I love Oprah so much – and she’s a TV therapist/healer/spiritual. She’s got a show you can only get on American TV called Iyanla: Fix My Life. She just speaks so much wisdom. She spends a week with people who are really traumatised and it’s their healing journey. It’s so moving, it’s so profound. She’s doing incredible work for the human race. A book that has the rare quality of being both poetic and accessible . . . missing Delicacy would be a huge mistake.' - Guardian

Caragh Medlicott: I really felt that your voice and style were so clear throughout the book. I always think there is something quite lonely about prose in particular. I wondered how you approached writing it, and how you found the transition from the script writing you’d done previously? In the fifth episode of Ghosts series 4, the characters found a new ghost on the grounds of Button House.The one I remember the most is Abigail’s Party. Seeing Alison Steadman’s performance made me want to do character acting. It was just a phenomenal, convincing, detailed performance. Years later, I wrote a radio sitcomthat she was in. It was one of those absurd moments where you just have to leave your body and look down on yourself to be able to handle it. Katy Victoria J Wix (born 28 February 1980) [1] is a Welsh actress, writer, author and artist. She is best known for portraying Carole in Stath Lets Flats, Mary in Ghosts, Barbara in Ted Lasso, Jules in Big Boys, Fanny in Miranda and Daisy in Not Going Out. She has also appeared as a series contestant on Taskmaster and as a recurring character in the science fiction mini-series Torchwood: Children of Earth in 2009. [2] She has written two series of her own sitcom for BBC Radio 4, Bird Island and a sketch show for Channel 4, Anna & Katy. In 2017 her painting was chosen for the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition. She has written two books of monologues and in 2021 she published her first work of non-fiction, Delicacy.

I have often wondered if the last book you read is important. I remember the last book I read to my dad [....] The last book you read before you die is like the type of coin that gets put under your tongue for Charon. It is mental substance for your journey, something to remember as you go on your way" (p.206). Why did Katy Wix leave Ghosts? Katy Wix played Mary for four series of Ghosts (Credit: BBC) Why did Katy Wix – who played Mary – leave Ghosts?

A stunning book in which darkness and light, tragedy and humour, pain and hope are all masterfully, affectingly balanced’–Liam Williams Katy Wix: Yeah, exactly. And I think that those numbered fragments made sense because I felt like I was outside of normal time. It’s such a cliche, especially when someone dies, to say that time stops, and I don’t think it did stop, exactly, but it changed. I felt outside of other people’s time. Their lives were just carrying on and that becomes an outrageous idea when you’re grieving.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment