276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ringo The 4th

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The gatefold looks like the inner bag of the original 1977 release, with one side containing information and the other a photo of Ringo with his collaborator at the time, Vini Poncia. John Lennon wrote ‘Cookin’ (In The Kitchen Of Love)’, and performed piano on the recording. The recording took place at Cherokee on 12 June 1976, Lennon’s final studio session until August 1980. Ringo the 4th (CD booklet). Ringo Starr. Polydor Records. 1977. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link) To further enhance your Sir Richard Starkey listening experience,this super limited edition audiophile album will also be housed in a first time gatefold cover which also includes rare photos and lyrics not seen in years. embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/embed?listType=playlist&list=PLeEHsF_woO3Sk4XA10vwQNLZG91a_tGLj[/embedyt]

Ringo the 4th is the sixth studio album by English musician Ringo Starr, released on 20 September 1977. Its title is sometimes ascribed to him being the fourth member of the Beatles. Others have suggested that it is his fourth mainstream album, which excludes his Great American Songbook homage, Sentimental Journey, and his country-western foray, Beaucoups of Blues. However, Ringo the 4th is a dance-oriented record, crafted for him by his Atlantic Records producer, Arif Mardin. The cover design and art direction for Ringo’s Rotogravure was by John Kosh, who had previously filled the same role on Beaucoups Of Blues, and later did the same on Ringo The 4th, Bad Boy, and Stop And Smell The Roses. His childhood friend Marie Maguire helped him cement this love for the drums. As she recalled, “Richy contracted tuberculosis (TB) which of course was serious. At the time, there was a terrible stigma attached to having TB, and so the family said it was pleurisy. He was at the convalescent home in Heswall on the Wirral. That is when I took him Eric Delaney’s record, ‘Bedtime for Drums’, which he loved.” (DB interview Liddypool 2009) Overall, I really can’t find anything negative to say about this album. The closest I can think of is that “Gypsies In Flight” sounds kind of out of place since it’s a country song, but it doesn’t sound any more out of place on here than the country songs on Ringo’s previous albums. It’s also a great song, so I really don’t mind its inclusion either way. So, I can’t help but wonder if the only reason this album is hated is due to it being the album where Ringo changed his musical direction. That, coupled with the terrible album cover of and the fact that the album was a major commercial failure may have to do with why it’s looked upon with so much negativity today. At the end of the day, I think it’s a great album. It’s no masterpiece, but it’s still an incredibly underrated collection of songs that most people unfortunately don’t give a chance. If it had been released by someone other than Ringo, then I’m sure praising it wouldn’t even be controversial. The recording sessions began on 5 February 1977 at Los Angeles’ Cherokee Studios, where parts of Ringo’s Rotogravure had been recorded. They later moved to Atlantic Studios in New York, where the bulk of the album was completed.Richy was never one for playing on his own. “I’ll play with any other musician all night, but I can’t do it on my own. I don’t find any joy sitting there by myself.” Neither was he a fan of drummers in general. “I was never really into drummers. I loved seeing Gene Krupa in themovies, but I did not go out and buy his records. The one drum recordI bought was ‘Topsy Part Two’ by Cozy Cole. I always loved countryand western. A lot of it was around from the guys in the navy. I’d goto parties and they’d be putting onHank Williams, Hank Snow and allthose country acts. I still love country music. Skiffle was also comingthrough, and I was a big fan of Johnnie Ray. Frankie Laine was probablymy biggest hero around 1956 – and I also liked Bill Haley.” (Rolling Stone April 9 2015) Ringo The 4th is the sixth studio album by English musician Ringo Starr, released in 1977. Its title is commonly alluded to him being the fourth member of the Beatles. Others allude that it is his fourth mainstream album, taking exception to his Great American Songbook homage, Sentimental Journey, and his country-western foray, Beaucoups of Blues. However in fact, Ringo the 4th is a dance-oriented record crafted for him by his Atlantic Records producer, Arif Mardin.

Rotogravure, or gravure, is a printing process in which an image is cut into a surface and the recessed areas hold the ink, which is then transferred from the engraved plates or cylinders onto paper or card. Gravure was once used widely for printing newspapers, magazines, postcards, and other commercial products. Publication presses typically ran at 45 feet per second, with a separate cylinder required for each colour. Cover artwork The Ringo The 4th album cover was designed by John Kosh, with cover photography by Starr’s then-girlfriend Nancy Lee Andrews and Lew Hahn. Starr’s portrait was shot with a Hasselblad camera using fine grain, Ilford FP3 film. Ron Larson enhanced the print by colouring Starr’s eyes.Starr had originally wanted Richard Perry to once again produce him, but decided instead to ring the changes and enlisted Arif Mardin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment