276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI Motherboard ATX - Supports Intel Core 12/13th Gen Processors, LGA 1700, DDR5 Boost (7200+MHz/OC), 1 x PCIe 5.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 4.0 x16, 5 x M.2 Gen4, 2.5Gbps LAN, Wi-Fi 6E

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

MSI didn't resort to a cheap audio codec either. It includes Realtek ALC4080 audio with a complete set of analogue ports and S/PDIF. It's more about the implementation than the base codec, and to that end MSI equipped the Tomahawk Max WiFi with high quality capacitors and de-pop protection circuitry. It's tough to expect much more in this price range. MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk Max WiFi performance Memory Support 7200+(OC)/ 7000(OC)/ 6800(OC)/ 6600(OC)/ 6400(OC)/ 6200(OC)/ 6000(OC)/ 5800(OC)/ 5600(JEDEC)/ 5400(JEDEC)/ 5200(JEDEC)/ 5000(JEDEC)/ 4800(JEDEC) MHz MSI motherboards prioritize safety with the embedded Overcurrent Protection (OCP), ensuring crucial You want support for lot of storage. The Z790 Tomahawk Max WiFi includes four M.2 slots and eight SATA ports, so if you've got a lot of drives, it's one of few to offer that much capacity.

MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk Max WiFi review - PC Gamer

That’s a very well-rounded set of options, especially at this price where USB4 or Thunderbolt 4 is not expected. They’re the kinds of features that makers use to justify boards costing twice as much. When it comes to gaming, the differences apply to specific games. Now that DDR5 prices have fallen, it makes sense to opt for the DDR5 Tomahawk over the DDR4 one. Of course, a better graphics card or CPU will deliver more tangible performance benefits. Flash the BIOS with only a connected power supply by following a few steps. CPU and memory not required. I was fortunate to get my hands on both the DDR4 and DDR5 versions of the Z790 Tomahawk. That gives us a great opportunity to look at like-for-like systems with both types of memory. The takeaway—and it's a consistent takeaway when talking about memory—is that fast memory only helps in very specific situations. In this case I was using a good set of DDR4-3600 C14 memory, meaning the DDR4 results are near enough to as good as it gets unless you've got some really top shelf B-Die memory at 4000MHz+. The board itself doesn't include any RGB lighting, however, there are three ARGB headers and a single RGB header. There are eight fan headers too, so the Tomahawk Max WiFi will happily accommodate a system with RGB and watercooling.

Now its time for my usual memory test. As has been the case across my testing, I was able to hit DDR5-8000 but moving past that required unreasonable levels of IMC voltage. Soon I'll be getting my hands on a Teamgroup DDR5-8200 kit, and that's something that will require a capable BIOS to run properly. If at all! Available only on processors featuring integrated graphics. Graphics specifications may vary depending on the CPU installed. combine XMP profiles to maximize memory frequency, enabling users to effortlessly discover the best The MSI BIOS presents you with a simplistic CPU TDP selection upon first boot. There's a default 'Boxed Cooler' setting which enforces Intel's power limits, a 'Tower Cooler' option which raises TDP to 288W, and finally a 'Water Cooling' option which removes all limits. Not that you'll ever need it, but this allows a hypothetical 4096W! VRM temperatures on our board peaked at almost 58 degrees Celsius, just below the 500W actively cooled Taichi and around 10-plus degrees hotter than the Aorus Master and Hero. These temperatures are well within the specifications of the power delivery bits, so there’s nothing to worry about on this front. The combination of 90A SPS MOSFETs and the ample heatsinks is a great match.

Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI - MSI USA MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI - MSI USA

way to control additional RGB strips and other RGB peripherals added to a system, without needing a The Tomahawk Max WiFi is the fourth Z790 refresh board I've tested. I've been quite surprised at how similarly the boards perform to one another, even when they are left at their auto settings with a bit of a free-for-all when it comes to Intel's power limits and turbo ratios. But having said that, these are third generation boards. The underlying microcode and hybrid architecture are well known quantities at this point, and it's not surprising to see that the motherboard makes next to no difference compared to a CPU or GPU upgrade or downgrade.Memory Support 5333/ 5200/ 5066/ 5000/ 4800/ 4600/ 4533/ 4400/ 4266/ 4000/ 3866/ 3733/ 3600/ 3466/ 3333(O.C.)/ 3200/ 3000/ 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133(By JEDCE & POR) The grounding structure of power phases is the MSI's exclusive design. This patented design enables

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment