276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TEN: The decade that changed my future

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Definitely worth a listen to the audiobook (his mum cracks me up when they have their wee conversations) even if you don't consider yourself a fan. There are little inserts as you go through the book written by his friends and family which are quite interesting.

I enjoyed some of the 90s/00s references (being a similar age to Rylan), but found it a repetitive ramble and a bit of a chore to get through to be quite honest. It was good to hear how transparent and open he felt he could be and to hear how supported he was by his loved ones (including accounts from some of his well known friends). I picked this one not because I am a big fan of Rylan but because I have a vague notion of him being down to earth and honest, so I thought his memoir would be worth a shot. As I am a similar age to Rylan I particularly enjoyed the references to growing up in the 1990's and the sections on Big Brother's Big Mouth, This Morning, Eurovision and Radio 2 were interesting to read.He revealed in his book that he was ‘unfaithful’ to his ex, Dan Neal, which resulted in his mental health deteriorating.

We got a bit of juicy gossip but not as much as I hoped, but I understand Rylan had a previous book where maybe he exposed more secrets of his time in the house?In his new book, TEN: The Decade that Changed My Future, the star has spoken about his divorce in more detail.

She’s been in there for months, her only contact with other humans via a hatch, through which she’s passed food. Amongst many stories are his antics on radio 2 with Liza Tarbuck, bullying he’s experienced ( throughout his life), his career before and after X Factor, even his teeth get a couple of mentions and finally (or rather beginning with) his trauma and MH crisis following his separation.I'm not really sure where to start with this book, there were bits that were very good and there were bits that were not. The book is centred around the breakdown of Rylan's/Ross' marriage and the subsequent impact this had on him and these parts are well written and impactful but other areas of the book fell short. Among it all though there are snippets of the loveable Rylan we see on tv, I’m just sad there wasn’t more of this but maybe that’s the point that the ten years of celebrity that the book is named after, has changed him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment