276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shetland: The Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD]

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She’s formidable, she’s strong, she’s a woman in a man’s world. Ruth Calder’s built this little barricade around herself - she’s almost like an island herself. On top of the twists and turns of the case, Calder is faced with figures from her past including her ex-boyfriend Cal Innes (Jamie Sives) and estranged younger brother Alan (Steven Miller) – now the minister of their late father’s old kirk. However, these siblings have starkly different views of their shared childhood. Finland: Viewers in Finland were able to start watching the show from August 2015 on public broadcaster YLE's main TV1 channel, where the show was titled " Shetlandsaarten murhat." [39] We all have a WhatsApp group together and keep in touch and I imagine there will be lots of fun messages when the show airs.

A journalist dies in a suspicious car accident, and when it turns out he was an old friend of Pérez's, a forensic scientist is called in to ensure an objective view of the case. As the team awaits her results, they look into the reasons for the victim's return to the island and find he was chasing a lead about plans for a controversial new gas pipeline. special effects floor supervisor: SFX GB Ltd / special effects floor supervisor (4 episodes, 2021-2022) Pérez and Tosh's investigation leads them to Glasgow, where they hope to uncover the truth behind Maguire's brutal death and his connection to Robbie Morton. Old ghosts return to haunt Pérez, with his enemies trying to prevent him from getting to the truth. After the murder of an archeology student at the croft, the supervising professor comes under scrutiny as well as the Haldane family members who stand to gain from silencing the truth. Pérez must apprehend the suspect before crowds descend for Up Helly Aa, the biggest fire festival in Europe.

More episodes

These are all people that I’ve watched on the television for years and always admired. In fact, I met Phyllis many moons ago because she played my mum in Nativity. She’s just such a legend and what a character Grace Bain is! She plays these strong, steely parts and yet she’s incredibly warm and funny. Just to be up close and personal to all these people and having a laugh with them was great. It really was wonderful. It was an incredibly unified cast I have to say. People hear actors wittering on “oh we all got on so well, we were one big happy family but we absolutely, genuinely did. This cast was extraordinary. Because the show has been reconfigured, it felt like a new beginning in a way and everybody really embraced that. It felt like we were all creating this new thing together, taking ownership and really giving it everything. The chemistry among everyone was off the scale. We had so much fun together, and we worked hard and we really worked as a team. I loved it actually but to be honest as soon as I read the first scripts I was like “I’m in!”. The writer [Paul Logue] has given everybody a rounded character even down to the hitmen, Howell [Don Gilét] and Nowak [Arnas Fedaravičius]. Just the nuance and the detail of every character is amazing. During filming, the cast and crew are usually based in Glasgow [16] and other areas of mainland Scotland. [10] [2] Filming often takes place in areas with landscape or buildings reminiscent of those in the Shetland Islands, such as Kilbarchan in Renfrewshire, Barrhead, where Henshall was born and grew up, [17] Ayr and Irvine, North Ayrshire. "My character’s house is actually in Kilbarchan, the interior of a couple of crofts are here [in Irvine, Ayrshire] and the police station is in Barrhead", Henshall said in a 2019 interview. [18]

In 10 years of filming inShetlandI've never seen it so lovely. The sun was out and it was warm and the beaches there are so beautiful...also there's a softplay now! So, life is complete. Henshall won the 2016 BAFTA Scotland award for best actor and the series received the award for Best TV Drama. [1]British Academy Scotland Awards: Winners in 2014". www.bafta.org. 20 October 2014 . Retrieved 9 July 2018. Game Of Thrones star to join new series of Shetland". The Scotsman. Johnston Publishing Ltd. 9 April 2015 . Retrieved 9 April 2015.

stunt double: Shona McHugh / stunt double: Sorcha Groundsell / stunt performer (2 episodes, 2021-2022) Ruth is used to getting things right and this is a complex case which is layered and doesn’t quite go the way she expects it to. There are so many different paths that she ends up going down.This new series of Shetland boasts a stellar guest cast – what was it like working with the likes of Phyllis Logan, Dawn Steele, Jamie Sives and Lorraine McIntosh? Inspired by Ann Cleeves' Shetland novels, Shetland is a Silverprint Pictures production for the BBC. Nieuwe fictie op Eén: Shetland"[New fiction on One: Shetland]. Eén (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Well, being in Shetland during a summer heatwave wearing layers of cashmere will certainly stay with me forever that’s for sure! Beyond that, the beaches and the sea were incredible but one of the things that delighted meon adailybasiswere the sheep – who knew there are so many different types? On 2 December 2019, BBC One announced that two further series were intended for 2020 and 2021 with Henshall and O’Donnell returning in their roles. [4] Production had to be postponed due to COVID-19. Series 6 broadcast began on 20 October 2021 and series 7 on 10 August 2022.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment