276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dance of Thieves: Mary E. Pearson: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The clash between kingdoms, and rival rulers was excellent if not a tad predictable which is why I downgraded to a ‘4’. That said it did not affect my enjoyment in reading the story, because whilst the overarching story and outcome was predictable - how it came together with the numerous deviations in the plot and subplots was not. When I began folding my tent, Griz came and stood over my shoulder and watched. I was the only one who used a tent. It was small. It didn’t take up much room. He had balked the first time he had seen me use one on a mission to a southern province. We don’t use tents, he’d said with utter distaste. I remembered the shame I felt. In the weeks that followed, I turned that humiliation to determination. Weakness made you a target, and I had promised myself, long ago, I would never be a target again. I buried my shame deep beneath carefully crafted armor. Insults couldn’t penetrate it. What did they do to you, Kazi?” His voice was low, earnest. Even in the dim light, I was able to see the worry in his eyes. I pretended I didn’t know what he was talking about." Who did what?”

Every character in this spin-off has already captured my heart. Kazi, Wren, and Synové? BAD ASS FEMALE CHARACTERS. Period. I want to be them. That is all. Jase and the Ballengers? PRECIOUS. All of them. Protect them at all costs. Vairlyn and Queen Jez are such adorable maternal figures in this series. I JUST WANNA GIVE THEM A BEAR HUG, AAAAHHHHH. I was most ecstatic to read Mary E. Pearson’s Dance of Thieves that is set in the world of The Remnant Chronicles. It’s been many reads since I read that series, so I couldn’t quite remember everything about it, but in a way, that works best, for this new series isn’t about Lia and Rafe, it’s about Kazi and Jase. If you’ve read The Remnant Chronicles than you can pretty much expect the same greatness that series held in this first installment of the new series, Dance of Thieves.Was this a chance encounter or moves orchestrated by both? Choreography that went wrong? Well now chained together the ‘Dance’ can begin. Kazi is lured to Hell’s mouth by her companion / lover Jase, but instead of having to sneak into the palace, she believes is providing sanctuary to the captain, Kazi has been invited in as a guest allowed to roam the city.

Kazi is such an amazing, hot, badass and smart character! She really carried this book and I love love LOVEEEE her so so much! The things she had to go through in this book… I was so scared for her but she fought through all of it. She’s such a strong person and I’m just so glad that she finally got her happy ending that she deserves so so soooo much!! But in all seriousness, Vendan weddings are so stinking charming. STOP, I WAS LITERALLY LAUGHING SO HARD I COULD BARELY BREATHE WHEN I READ THAT MIJE AND TIGONE, THEIR LITERAL H O R S E S WERE KAZI AND JASE'S WITNESSES. AWW *melts* p.352 • "Maybe sometimes life and fantasies and family did all go completely wrong. But I had loved and been loved deeply, and completely, not once, but twice in my life. I would not trade that for all the riches that Montegue had to offer." There’s something to be said for truth in advertising. Or doing your research. Perhaps if you’re familiar with author Mary E. Pearson’s Remnant Chronicles, you won’t be surprised to find that her latest novel, the fantasy romance Dance of Thieves, skews much more heavily toward the romance than the fantasy. But if this is your first entry into Pearson’s world (cough cough yours truly cough), that fact might take you a bit by surprise. Once again, this book was amazing. Did not dissapoint. Coming off of rereading The Remnant Chronicles, all the characters at the end meant so much more to me than they did the first read, and I just love them all so much.For instance, Yes we get kazi being through hardships and unspeakable odds - but…her reactions when she confessed them to jase felt…shallow. Kazi & the Rahtan pour a pill for sleep into the Ballengers’ meal & seize Illarion and his companions. On their way out of Tor’s Watch, they get encountered by the Ballengers, who had switched the draught. Jase’s brother offers the swap of Illarion for Zane, against whom Kazi seeks revenge. However, the traitor Kazi kidnaps Jase & forces him to drive the detainees’ waggon. On the way to the Vendan outpost of Marabella, Kazi informs Jase that Illarion and his soldiers plan to betray him and murder his family. Jase merely desired the weapons to protect his people. AND THAT END, I CAN'T EVEN, ESPECIALLY IN THE TEMPLE, I ALMOST CRIED OUT OF HAPPINESS (the second time this has happened!) What Jase said was just YES. INCREDIBLE. AMAZING.

I don't know when I'll be able and in the mood to read the sequel, but I'm definitely going to re-read this one before I dive into the second book. That's how much I liked Dance of Thieves.jase and kazi, i love my precious lil angels sm!! i loved their first encounter, she fr pinned him to a wall and held a knife to his throat, so hot of her fr. 🤭

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment