276°
Posted 20 hours ago

All the Dangerous Things: The gripping new psychological thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of A Flicker in the Dark

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I read on my Kindle and also listened to the audio narrated by Karissa Vacker, who did a wonderful job with the voicing across genders and ages. Huge thanks to Vanessa and her publisher for giving us this early sneak peek—I can’t wait to read BLOOD SISTERS this fall!

I pretty much figured out what happened in the past before it was all revealed, but I was wrong with my guesses about Mason's disappearance and who was responsible. We who are shaped and mutate through our good and bad experiences, and sometimes unrecognisable but certainly different from our earlier decades. Plagued by insomnia, she barely sleeps as she relentlessly pursues any possible clue to Mason’s whereabouts.

Hesitant at first, Isabelle eventually acquiesces to this request, figuring that as a True Crime devotee, Waylon has just as much incentive to help solve the case and bring Mason back. My only quibble is that sometimes the emotion is Isabelle’s voice could’ve been reigned in just a teeny tiny bit, but that’s just personal preference. Instead, ALL THE DANGEROUS THINGS shines thanks to its superb character development and the effective way in which it draws readers into its protagonist’s increasingly unstable state of mind. I walk past him, to the edge of the stage, and stand behind a black curtain, the audience just barely obscured from view.

All-in-all it’s a fantastic second outing by Stacy Willingham and an excellent thriller to end my year!I’ll start with the negatives first since there are only two - and they don’t warrant taking off any stars.

She isn't sleeping at all and she goes to different true crime conventions in the hope that she can get the word out about her son. the pacing is good, the reveals are timed well, the characters have depth to them, and i enjoyed how the past is woven into the present. Willingham has a tendency to use more words than are necessary to say the most basic of things so it takes forever for her to just get to the point. When I read that one, I remember thinking it was thisclose to being a true four star, but fell solidly short. Stacy Willingham, All the Dangerous Things Frequently Asked Questions What is All the Dangerous Things by Stacy Willingham about?Desperate to keep public attention on her son’s case, Isabelle now travels to true crime conventions, where she stands in front of crowds of hundreds of eager true crime aficionados, recounting the night that changed her life forever. Like “A Flicker in the Dark” this story is a slow burn 🔥, immediately captivating, plausible story of SUSPENSE-filled with beautiful vivid descriptions, contemplative prose and intricate plotting. Journalist Isabelle Drake, the narrator of this lyrical thriller from bestseller Willingham ( A Flicker in the Dark), is struggling with overwhelming grief and guilt a year after her toddler son, Mason, disappeared one night from their Savannah, Ga. As if she doesn’t have enough to worry about, her husband Ben has ended their marriage - it’s difficult to maintain a relationship when you’re both grieving and are unable to communicate, but whilst Isabelle is unable to move forward in her life, Ben appears to want to do exactly that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment