276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kalawen Weather Station with Outdoor Indoor Sensor, MSF Wireless Digital Alarm Clock, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity Monitor, Weather Forecast for Home Garden

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You’ll need to spend a bit more money, like shelling out for this incredible bit of kit from Youshiko. The radio-controlled LCD wall clock, synced with the DCF-77 European atomic clock radio timing signal from Frankfurt, Germany, is perfect for timekeeping. Alarm clocks with snooze functions are very common extras on weather stations nowadays, as are backlights and time and date displays. Weather stations can either be incredibly handy little devices to have (if they are good ones) or constant sources of frustration (if they are bad models and don’t work properly). Although not a significant issue, it could be improved for those who desire real-time updates on sudden temperature changes.

I recently tried out the Youshiko Weather Station, and I must say I was impressed with its ease of installation. La Crosse Technology started back in the 1980s when one man traveled across the country with a mobile showroom. Just as the other devices covered in this guide, Davis also reports current weather conditions (both indoors and outdoors), humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point, and rainfall, although much faster and with much more precision. While the BRESSER model provides a 5-in-1 multi-sensor with a range of measurements, the WS-9130 focuses on displaying indoor and outdoor temperature along with a weather forecast and trend. One of the more stylish models that I’ve ever come across, Technoline’s Smart Effects WS6830 also boasts all the features you could want from a home weather station, and this combination of looks and practicality has made it a bestseller.If you have multiple sensors (which can be nice), you’ll want to consider this transmission distance, even more, to make sure all the differently-placed ones can all communicate and coordinate in real-time. Another disadvantage of using batteries is that they can leak because of water damage or corrosion, and will eventually damage the sensor unit. Configuring Wi-Fi settings initially was slightly tricky, but once connected, I was able to upload weather data to renowned weather services like Weather Underground or Ecowitt Weather.

On the back of the device there is a hole that you can use for hanging it on the wall, or you can use the magnet that comes with it for the same purpose. However, it’s worth noting that some users have mentioned the piezo rain sensor is not as accurate as more traditional sensors, so it might not be perfect for those seeking precise rainfall measurements.This doesn’t suffice in some cases, though, and more accurate weather readings and forecasts might be preferred. If your kid loves natural sciences, a weather station might be a useful gift idea for your future Noble laureate. However, if you do not need this amount of information, it would be wise not to pay the extra money for more expensive feature-packed models. These generally mount with either a screw-on platform, suction cups, or can be dug into post holes, depending on where they’re being set up. During the RCC process (in 7 minutes), if you want to light up the screen, please press “SNOOZE”, at the same time RCC will continue.

The wireless home weather station displays real-time weather through monitoring indoor and outdoor temperatures and humidity. Despite this, wireless data transmission helps to reduce clutter and the display console has an appealing colour LCD that clearly relays all the collected data.These smart stations will offer great add-ons to the smart home infrastructure that will help you even better monitor your home microclimate and changes in atmospheric conditions in any part of your house.

Like the previous one, this is a nice, all-inclusive station, with three different ways to get your information. The Youshiko YC9331 is a reliable and feature-packed weather station that has become my go-to source for all weather-related information. While setting up the base station took me some time and was slightly tedious, it has been working wonderfully once that was done. Possible features are air pressure, moon phases, temperature trend, heat index, wind speed, direction, and chill, and others. All of these things are easy to program as there are clearly marked buttons on the side of the screen dedicated to specific functions, including a MEM button for displaying your max/min temperature.One downside I noticed could be the lack of solar power option, which might have made it more energy-efficient. Users can access real-time temperature, humidity, wind speed, precipitation, and other meteorological data specific to their location, as well as receive weather alerts and forecasts for upcoming days. I wish the signal was a bit more powerful though, and I had to set up the weather station close to a window that had a clear view of the sensor to get good readings. On the negative side, one user reported an issue with the rain sensor, mentioning underreporting of light rain and overreporting of hail, and found the calibration adjustments to be insufficient for correction.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment