276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

the characters were likable & realistic; I liked Wade, Santana, Tatyana, Astrid, Raffe, Alton, Dylan. Bella Forrest enjoys offering advice to those who are aspiring to be authors. She encourages them to continue reading in their spare time; books inside and outside of the writer’s genre can give a raw outlook and arouse fresh thoughts for new advancements in the up and coming novel. Forrest recommends studying another language to expand an author’s understanding of grammar and their grasp on their native language. She also urges prospective authors to set a minimum amount of time devoted solely to writing every day. Bella Forrest will resume publications in April, starting with Harley Merlin 21: Persie Merlin and the Dying Song. Harley’s most important characteristics, which make her a very sympathetic protagonist, are: compassion, courage, and enough conviction in her mission that she never gives up or sits on the sidelines. This is true of Santana as well, though, right from the first, it is obvious that, of the whole team, including Wade, Harley potentially has the most magical power of any of them.

Harley Merlin Series in Order by Bella Forrest - FictionDB Harley Merlin Series in Order by Bella Forrest - FictionDB

So far, this book was the absolute BEST of the books Forrest has written in the Harley Merlin/Finch Merlin series. It keeps you hooked in through all the twists and turns (and there are a LOT of those!) and doesn’t leave one hanging at the end. For me, anyway. Someone else might have a different experience. She meets Wade and through him she finds her place in this world that didn’t make much sense before its starting to. She is learning there is more to her talents than meets the eye and with training she may become better. She is learning about her family, not all of it good but it was more than she had before. Wade - one of the main characters, I could connect with him as a person easily enough and liked him.But she has no clue where she got these freakish powers because she spent her childhood jumping from home to home in the foster system, and her father left her with nothing more than a cryptic note. Wait a minute! Did I say I was going to review this book? Fuggetaboutit! I am going to go read the next one. Right now. See you there! I liked the arcs of all the characters. Finch's as how he was hated in the first book and now is my favourite character. How he grew! Erebus as how he was seen as something scary and on the list of do-not-summon to a sort of friend. For fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent comes a story like no other... Come explore Matrus and Patrus in this spine-tingling 7 book series.

Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven - Google Books Harley Merlin and the Secret Coven - Google Books

Speaking of Ryann, she and Lux do almost all the work in actually stopping Davin. I guess it'd be too much to assume that a plan that involves trusting Apollo would work well, but Lux really bails the group out of just about everything because she decided to adopt mindfulness and forgiveness as her policy. Maybe I should have noticed that Ryann being so blasé about repeatedly passing out was a sign something was up. Maybe having the one regular human in the group (at least, the one who was like that for most of the series) save the day is supposed to be inspiring to all the regular humans that read these books, but being completely blindsided by how the heroes outwit a scheming villain isn't that satisfying.Now I don’t do well with magic or witches and this well it has both… But… I loved it. I liked Harley from the get go. I liked that she doesn’t know exactly what she is but that she knows she is different and she learned to use it to her advantage. What a journey! What a rollercoaster of emotions, of ups and downs ins and out and rooting for the good guys! Harley's magical powers include Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Telekinesis, Empathy (she can read people's emotions), Reverse Empathy (she can make others feel whatever emotion she wants them to feel), Bestial abilities (she can control Purge beasts), and she can read unfinished Grimoires. Having all four elements is very rare and makes Harley very powerful. Her Primus Anglicus blood makes her even more powerful than an Atlantean, and very important for the balance of Chaos. You will also interact more with Tatyana, the resident ghost-whisperer at the Coven. Tatyana doesn’t mind making sacrifices for others, but she has secrets she is keen to protect. There are also other members of Harley’s group who work alongside her in her adventures. Will Harley and her friends manage to round up the young magicals coming through the foster system? Read this intriguing book for answers to these and more.

Book Series In Order Bella Forrest - Book Series In Order

Well I did like the premise of this story, but I had a few peeves with the characters that kept this from being a 4 star read. Its not your typical YA the heroine is Mature (for the most part) brilliantly written and doesn't fall in love at the first set of Green eyes. A fun read and a good start of a promising story. I do have my gripe with this one but they are more than balanced out by the good points.

Publication Order of Detective Erin Bond Books

You get everything you could possibly want from this book, perfect escapism, fantasy, action, romance. It’s hard to put down at all!

Persie Merlin and the Dying Song by Bella Forrest | Goodreads

Also this "elitist" behavior that the MC keeps harping on about, there was no payoff to this supposed characteristic of the magicals' society, something to be seen in Chapter 33, the second-last. Finishing off a series that's been going for so many editions is not simple, but this brought both Harley and Finch's main adventures to a very satisfying conclusion. It felt like a natural end for their tales as protagonists. It brought a very hearty, yet thorough conclusion to a story that could have had a loooot of loose ends. I really hope that in the new series Finch and Harley's children will be looking after each other in what they get up to! And I wonder whether Saskia got added to the disgraced list same as her sister... Edit: I read a bunch of Bella Forrest's Sagas and felt I really had to add this point to this review. In all of her books and there are many, every pairing is always between the different sexes. This is especially astonishing since one of her storylines (not Harley Merlin) literally spans universes, and in all those universes, somehow everyone is straight?! After having read 3-4 books of hers they become incredibly predictable, badly edited (spelling mistakes) and quite frankly boring, because the same things happen again and again and you guessed it, AGAIN! I cannot over stress this, as she has authored over 100 books, if you have read one of them, you have read them all essentially. I wanted to read about a magic school with a heroine, in modern world (our world), so I decided it's time for this one. (& it also gave me Linsey Hall's long continued series (many books!) vibes, with heroine & Magic & School setting, which I haven't read yet (so I don't really know if they have same vibes! but I'll let you know when I'll read them), but I'd like to)The whole administrative system and hierarchy inside the coven seems haywire and it's obvious that the writer did not put a lot of thought into it. As I said, lazy writing. I really loved the pixies, however. They've got so much personality, I really hope they make another appearance. I got to 30% and had a suspicion. The setup seemed kind of fragile with lots of titanic forces in stress, not least having the coven sanctuary sitting on a powder keg. And I figured that either Forrest is unaware of her own setup or things were going to explode and that was integral to the plot. Which twigged me onto a feeling I had that I was reading outside of the genre I expected (UF with YA flavor). So I explored a bit. Okay, I read the cover copy of later books in the series. And found that this series is likely more of an epic fantasy in a modern day setting than it is Urban Fantasy. Which is perfectly fine, but it has been a very long time since I was able to get caught up in an epic fantasy. I have loved this series and now Finches part is over I liked seeing it from Harleys point of view again she has grown in the time from her story. Any issues with the book list you are seeing? Or is there an author or series we don’t have? Let me know!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment