276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Toyland® Rainbow High Bath Bombs - 10 Lip Shaped Bath Bombs - Rainbow Fizzer!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I used a Bramble Berry silicone mold. I think the Cada molds would make cleaner embeds! Silicone doesn’t allow you compress the mixture as well. You can see in my image above that I had some crumbling from not pressing enough. Below, I’m using Red 27 Lake and Red 28 Dye. Notice how much more lake I used compared to dye. Dissolving my dye in warm water before I add it to the baking soda. Dry lake on the left and dissolved dye on the right. Lake on the left and dye on the right. At this point, if you want brighter colors, add more color! Just to show you the difference in usage amount – lake on the left and dye on the right. You can use lakes or dyes in your embeds. I personally prefer dyes. Dyes color the water so easily and beautifully. And since the embed is embeded in a another bath bomb, you don’t run the risk of it fading in UV light. (If you make up a bunch ahead of time, be sure to store away from light!)

I was curious to see what color water these would create! Purple! Yay! My embeds created a purple water! To learn how to tweak a bath bomb recipe, I highly recommend my basic bath bomb class. You can find it as part of Bubble Bootcamp or you can take the individual class here.

Dyes: If you are using dyes, you’ll want to bloom them into the baking soda first. Simply mix your dye with a bit of hot water (just enough to dissolve it) and mix into your baking soda. Usage rate: Start with 1 microscoop of dye into 1 cup of baking soda and go up from there. Below are all of my colors ready to go (the colors above were used for a different project)! You can create true rainbow colors, or you can choose any colors that you want! So, basically all you need is baking soda, citric acid and binder (I like to use a blend of 50/50 water and alcohol). You might have to play around a bit here, again, depending on your climate/humidity. I don’t add fragrance to embeds since they’ll be embeded in another bath bomb mix that is scented. That way I can use the same embeds in different bombs.

Step 3: Spray your mixture with binder until you get a mixture that stays together easily and is a bit squishy. This is the hardest part of making these types of embeds! You have to be able to cut your mixture. You can take some mixture, squeeze it really hard. Place it onto your table and try cutting it with a knife. Does it crumble? It might need more moisture. Holding together, squishy and ready to go! Using a mold like the Cada mold will give you more crisp results! Silicone just doesn’t allow you to compress as well. You can see a bit of crumbling below. I’ll be doing this again with a Cada mold (or something similar!). Cutting the embeds! Are they perfect? No! But they’re going inside of a bath bomb! 🙂 I cut mine into two different sizes based on what I wanted to use them in! If you used dyes dissolved in water, you might want to let your baking soda dry before making your embeds. This ensures that you won’t make a too wet mixture. Multi-colored bar embeds are super trendy these days! Especially rainbow embeds for cloud bath bomb molds. I made some the other day and wanted to share how I did it! There is certainly different ways that you can do this…here is what worked well for me.If you used lakes, you are good to go. Since you didn’t add any water, your baking soda is already dry and you can make your embeds. Once you get good at blooming dyes into baking soda using the least amount of water, you might find that you can bloom and immediately make your embeds! An embed mixture does need to be a bit wetter than a regular bomb recipe. You’ll just have to be bold and try it!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment