276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sennheiser Professional HD 280 PRO Over-Ear Monitoring Headphones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lethargic? It's not neutral, if that's what you're thinking. Rather clinical sounding headphones. The mids have strange prioritizations and the bass leaves something to be desired. Despite this apparent shortcoming, they are not fragile. The HD280 is made of a dense plastic that makes it tough and durable. Rest assured that they won’t break after a few light collisions or drops. Well, it’s due to this same issue which makes complete sense. The mid-bass? Also scooped out. This is what I actually said in 2015:

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm - Amazing quality. The most cute and comfortable headphones I have ever had! Unfortunately, quite demanding towards the source. The high frequencies are a bit sharp to me, especially when the source is poor. Otherwise, a great professional tool! One look around the internet and you’ll find pretty much everyone and their Grandma shilling these as if they’re God’s gift to humanity. I am using it with my Samsung phone, and it is able to drive it with an acceptable volume for my preferences. It becomes a huge inconvenience, and to be quite honest I haven’t ever worn this outside of my home, though you may.Thank you so much for the kind words. I agree with all of your sentiment on these headphones. Your impressions line up with mine and thought it was an excellent write up. All the things like treble ,midrange extensions ,resolution,instrument separation perceived soundstage depth etc. are a lot better then the DGX d/sound card and it ads a little extra "pop" for vocals and percussion the the only caveat here is the low bass and impact bass are lower on the Magni 2 than the Xonar DGX but not a deal breaker at all so far. The first thing to do is ensure that you have the audio plug of the headphones connected securely into the audio device. A properly connected cable should not wiggle. If the plug wiggles that could indicate a loose connection. NOTE: This could be a result of the cable not being plugged all the way in or it could be a faulty input or sometimes if the device you are connecting to has a case on it the case will prevent the cable plugging in correctly. Long time no see. Every now and then, I’ll come across the article summarizing your review and thoughts on the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, which is a well thought out and articulate review by the way. Although I have more reverence and general usage regarding the Sony MDR V6/7506, the 280 pro have not gone by the wayside personally speaking.

Professional-quality studio monitor headphones you can use for mixing, recording, DJing, and any other critical listening AKG K271 mkII - decent headphones. Sounded to me as a mixture of the above two. Sound wise, the K171 mkII are superior than the K271 and K240, but the last two are more comfortable in my opinion.

Customer Added Media

The treble is where the sound starts slightly deviating from its initial flatness in the lower and mid frequencies. That is not to say that the response isn’t balanced. The upper frequencies still stand out very clearly and have their crisp, despite the slight treble imbalances, which are very common among studio monitoring headphones in this price range. A Comparison This feature adds to their overall functionality and portability, allowing for easy storage and a comfortable fit in various situations. While they’ve long been held in high regard, it’s essential to scrutinize their performance and features to determine whether they actually live up to the hype or if there are any hidden shortcomings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment