276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Super Glasses Case for Children "Stitch with Glasses" with Metal Hinge

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Less than a fat quarter of fabric (less than 50 x 55 cm) - I used 3 different prints from the Lucy June collection If you are anything like me you keep hopping into a car with your sunnies on, then find you have nowhere safe to put them when you enter a shopping mall. I’ve scratched so many pairs of eyeglasses and sunglasses by shoving them into a purse, or leaving them lying around at home or in the car. This nifty DIY glasses case is just what everyone needs. All you need to do is get my free sunglasses or eyeglass case pattern and carve out 15 minutes of your schedule. Place the lining fabric on top so the wrong side is facing you. Stitch the seam at 1/4″ seam allowance.

If you’re workings with some lightweight fabrics, you’ll need to add a little structure to your main fabric. Place the main fabric on top of the bumpy side of the interfacing and press with an iron from both sides.Notch and trim the fabric on the seam allowance for easier turning, then turn right side out. Press and close the opening in the lining. Now it’s time to push the lining into the outer fabric case and make sure they fit snugly into each other and lie flat before giving them the final press. And there you are – one eyeglasses or sunglasses case done and dusted. And one thing more. It wasn't planned, but boy does it make even better: friends, I've just noticed my phone fits in here, so you can easily use this pattern for eyeglass case to make a cute cell phone wallet too! If you are using a patchwork fabric now is the time to sew your patchwork pieces together (see above). I always start with a larger piece of batting than required in the pattern. Open out your seam and press. It really is worth taking the extra few seconds to press as you go along as it makes such a difference to the finish.

First of all, let’s start by working out the finished measurements of your sunglasses case. Your finished case needs to be long enough and wide enough for your glasses.

Site Customisation

What I also love about this diy glasses case is the size. So handy - it's something that will store not just the regular glasses but also your big sunglasses, or even a smartphone! Throw it into your purse and carry anywhere with you! Keep building up your fabric pieces, feel free to throw in the odd diagonal line, remove any excess fabric as you go. Keep happily stitching until you have quilted the area required for the pattern pieces. TIP: If you want to make a smaller case use ½ inch (1.3cm) and you’ll need to trim it. Trim the seam allowance so its neat, grading it, which means leaving the outer fabric slightly wider than the lining. This allows for a neat finish. STEP 4: Press Pin in place or use sewing clips to prevent shifting, then sew around using a ¼" seam allowance, leaving a hole in the lining for turning. Also, it's good to taper the lining by a quarter of an inch. I'll explain it in a bit: Now take that long straight seam that meets the angled seam and pin down the lining and outer for just one inch, then stitch with a 1/4 inch seam allowance and trim. This creates the convenient spot on the finished item where you can reach in to get your eyeglasses out of the DIY eyeglass case.

Trim and notch the rounded edge for easier turning, being careful to not snip into the stitching lines. NOTE: do not trim the (unfinished) straight edge. To prepare your casing fabric add fusible fleece to the wrong side of the fabric, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Place the fabric right sides together and machine stitch along the sides with a 1/4″ inch seam allowance. If this is a concern you can solve it by sewing a tiny piece of Velcro to the inside of the top of the sunglasses case on either side. An alternative solution is to sew a button, centrally place, on the outside of the front of the case – that’s the bit with the angled side, near the top. Take a piece of colored twine or braid and make a loop that you place inside the seam so that when you sew the top piece together it will turn outwards when you turn the fabric. Bring the loop down to hook over the button. Cut the pattern pieces for the outer casing, the lining and the fusible interfacing – you’ll need one of each. As you’ll see on the eyeglasses case pattern piece one side is side is angled slightly. So you’ll need to cut the lining mirrored. Stitch around the fabric rectangle leaving a turning gap at the base of the lining, using a 1/4″ seam allowance, ensuring you do not catch the casing as you stitch. Trim the corners to reduce bulk.Open out the fabric so you have two long rectangles, and place them on top of each other so the right sides face each other (like you do if you are making a zipper flat bottom bag).

Bring the FRONT pieces together by placing the front pieces with right sides together and sewing along the top (slightly curved) edge. Like before, use a ¼" seam allowance. To do that before cutting this place your fabric right side to right side, so the wrong side of the lining is facing you. Now cut the angle, or lip as it’s known and pin along that angled edge. Place your next piece of quilting fabric wrong side facing you, and raw edge aligning an existing raw edge, stitch and then open out. Place the two casings so the raw edges align with the top edge of the right side of the external panels. Baste in place. OR do you want a printable copy of the WHOLE tutorial? Scroll to the bottom of this tutorial for more details!

I wanted my eyeglasses pouch to be generously sized, so it will fit any size eyeglasses and especially, will be large enough for ANY size sunglasses. And I wanted it to have a decently stable outer layer for protection. And I wanted it not flat. Also, it had to be pretty! What do you say, have I succeeded? I’m really excited to share with you all another 1 hour project which also makes a perfect gift. This Crochet Glasses Case is created using the Even Moss Stitch which is one of my favorite stitches due to the interesting texture it creates. a loosely rounded flap that closes with a magnetic snap (I will guide you if you haven't installed a magnetic snap yet. Easy, I pinky promise!) Now's the perfect time to add that magnetic snap. If you're new to magnetic snaps, you'll be delighted when you see how easy these are! See my easy tutorial for how to add magnetic snaps. Magnetic Snap Placement Don't want to use fusible foam? You can use alternatives like are a layer of SF101 plus Decovil Light or high-loft fusible fleece - make sure to visit this interfacing guide for beginners - it will make your (interfacing-related) sewing life so much easier! And your bags and pouches prettier. Finished Size of This Diy Glasses Case

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment