276°
Posted 20 hours ago

All My Mothers: The heart-breaking new novel from the author of the Costa-shortlisted debut, THE OTHER HALF OF AUGUSTA HOPE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Eva is aware from a young age that her family life is not as it should be. There is just her, her emotionally distant mother and her partially absent father. No siblings, no pets, just the three of them. But why are there no baby photos of Eva? And why is her mother so reluctant to remember Eva as a baby? This is a quest Eva is determined to get to the bottom of. The narrative structure of All My Mothers provides an interesting exploration into the past and present lives of its protagonists.

All My Mothers by Joanna Glen (9780008410629/Paperback All My Mothers by Joanna Glen (9780008410629/Paperback

Por no mencionar, que hay representación de todo tipo (LGBT+, de cuerpos no normativos, religiosa) y se tratan temas de índole femenina como el cáncer de mama o la endiometrosis. Pero, sobre todo me ha llamado la atención la representación religiosa (judía, musulmana y católica) y que se haga tanto hincapié en ella. La mitad del libro está ambientado en Córdoba (la primera mitad en Chealsy, Inglaterra). La representación de todas esas religiones hace referencia al trasfondo histórico de esa provincia andaluza y la diversidad de la que se ha nutrido su cultura.Je suis quelqu’un qui aime les personnages. S’il y a pas une intrigue de ouf mais des bons personnages développés, I’m all in (ici il y a les deux). J’ai rarement lu des personnages si bien écrit. J’ai presque cru que c’était autobiographique tellement ils m’ont semblés *réels* Oh my goodness. It's 3am, I have just finished this book and I simply had to review it immediately. Stop arrêtez tout ! Des fois je lis un livre et je *sais* que je ne lirais pas mieux avant un long moment. C’est le cas avec All My Mothers. J’ai mis 5 étoiles mais en vrai je veux en mettre 6, 8, 12. Je n’ai pas peur de le survendre. J’essaie d’organiser mes pensées. Una vida está compuesta de muchos momentos y All my mothers consigue captar eso a la perfección. Real como la vida misma, este libro te hace sentir todo tipo de emociones. Y , por su puesto, siempre de la mano de unos personajes que son maravillosa y terriblemente humanos. No todas sus decisiones son correctas o estuve de acuerdo con ellas, pero ¿quién vive una vida sin equivocarse alguna vez? ¿Sin tomar un desvío que te lleva a un callejón sin salida? ¿Si haber tenido que recurrir a un GPS que te reoriente? Anyway, I could rant more: about Barney and the romanticism, about how that was dealt with, about Carrie being forgotten although she also is a mother, about many thinhgs. But let me stop here.

Home [victoriabennett.me]

I loved this book SO much. It's uniquely witty, beautifully observed, intricately woven - it made me laugh and weep and I truly never wanted it to end' MIRANDA HART Eighty-one-year-old Ruth Morris faces the dispiriting prospect of selling her house and moving into an aged care home, Banksia House, at the behest of a son unwilling to care for her. Always fiercely independent, Ruth has difficulty adjusting. And when she finds out that her best friend, Gladys, is dying in Brisbane, she joins forces with new friends she has made – the indomitable Beryl and the Houdini of Banksia House, Keith – to hatch an escape plan.This book, this book is immense. We are following the story of Eva, from her first memories as a four year starting school and making a best friend, all the way through to adulthood. We see her at her best and her worst, at her highs and lows. This book doesn't pull it's punches.

All My Mothers: The heart-breaking new novel from the author

From there, we follow her story of Eva's family. Of families that are created, those that you find, and those that walk into your world unexpectedly. How some people shape you irrevocably, leaving their mark long after they're no longer in your life. This book, this book is immense. We are following the story of Eva, from her first memories as a four year old starting school and making a best friend, all the way through to adulthood. We see her at her best and her worst, at her highs and lows. This book doesn't pull it's punches.New Sports Biographies and Autobiographies: Gift a Book for the Sports Fan In Your Life this Christmas This is beautifully written, but somewhat anguished inasmuch as my heart felt her pain and confusion. After all, isn’t it the least we can expect, not only a mother, but an emotionally supportive person there for you no matter what? When her parents’ relationship crumbles, Eva begins a journey to find these answers for herself. Her desire to discover where she belongs leads Eva on a journey spanning decades and continents – and, along the way, she meets women who challenge her idea of what a mother should be, and who will change her life forever…

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment