276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AOC i1601Fwux - 16 inch FHD USB-C Powered Portable Monitor, Smart Cover, Auto Pivot, Low Blue mode, USB-C (DP Alt mode) 1920 x 1080 FHD

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As mentioned earlier, this AOC panel has just one video input: a USB Type-C connector. In this case, the USB-C interface supports DisplayPort over USB, which lets the monitor draw power—and receive a video signal—from a computer over a USB-C connection.

Failure connecting AOC monitor I1601FWUX - HP Support Failure connecting AOC monitor I1601FWUX - HP Support

We love this portable monitor from AOC. It does so much right; it’s light, portable, simple to set up and the display itself is lovely to look at. The I1601FWUX disappoints in color accuracy, too, with a much higher color error than most monitors we’ve recently tested. I noticed that colors which should appear punchy and impactful instead shifted towards a more pastel look. It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. The AOC I1601FWUX doesn’t support HDR. That’s good news. A few monitors in the same price range claim HDR support, but don’t be fooled—they offer little more than the ability to accept an HDR signal and don’t offer a passable HDR experience. AOC’s decision to keep HDR off the feature list is an honest, accurate representation of the monitor’s capabilities. AOC I1601FWUX: Motion PerformanceUsing the display on the go is not quite as simple. The slim display comes with a folding magnetic cover that does double duty as a display cover for storage and a stand for portable use. With a response time of 5ms, things are generally as smooth as you’d need them to be and video is easy on the eyes. The monitor also has what AOC calls LowBlue Mode, which adjusts color temperatures on the display to reduce blue light. Certain wavelengths of blue light that are commonly produced by monitors and other glowing displays have been linked to eyestrain, insomnia and even age-related macular degeneration. Automatic color tweaks seem like a simple way to avoid some of this potential damage. The refresh rate is only 60Hz, limiting its performance as a gaming monitor, but that was never AOC’s intention. For anything a regular office worker might want to do, 60Hz is absolutely fine. If you’re after a portable second monitor for your laptop, or even just a small additional display for your home office setup, you can’t really go wrong with the AOC I1601P - especially at this price point.

AOC I1601FWUX Review | Trusted Reviews

Matthew S. Smith is a freelance technology journalist with 15 years of experience reviewing consumer electronics. In addition to PCWorld, his work can be found on Wired, Ars Technica, Digital Trends, Reviewed, IGN, and Lifewire. Matthew also covers AI and the metaverse for IEEE Spectrum and runs Computer Gaming Yesterday, a YouTube channel devoted to PC gaming history. Seeing as the I1601FWUX works in sync with Windows 10’s native night mode, low blue mode feels a little redundant, as does overdrive mode — you’re not going to be doing any gaming on this, although you might want to watch the odd YouTube video. Using our colorimeter, we tested the I1601FWUX at its default brightness level of 70/100. Colour temperature was around 6931K, so a little over the 6500K ideal. At no point did the I1601FWUX look particularly cool, though. The entire thing measures 14.9 x 9.25 x 0.3 inches and weighs 1.8 pounds (2.2 pounds with the included cover), which makes it slimmer and lighter than most tablets and significantly lighter than even most ultraportable laptops. Although it's slightly larger than the Asus ZenScreen MB16AC (14.6 x 8.9 x 0.3 inches, 2.8 pounds with cover), it's lighter and still small enough to easily slip into a laptop bag.If your graphics card hasn’t been updated in a while, that could be the next problem. Sometimes the monitor will need to be updated, but that is very rare. Instead, your graphics card could impact the performance of your monitor. If you are seeing a blank screen, you could either need a new graphics card or you need an update. As informed by @The_Fossette your Notebook only has the regular USB Type -C for fast data transfer but it does not support Thunderbolt. Only if a USB Type C portsupports Thunderbolt, you can use the USB Type C port for display purpose Since 2004, I have worked on PCMag’s hardware team, covering at various times printers, scanners, projectors, storage, and monitors. I currently focus my testing efforts on 3D printers, pro and productivity displays, and drives and SSDs of all sorts. The chromaticity chart's overall pattern strongly resembled that of the Lepow 15.6-inch USB-C Portable Monitor, also a 15.6-inch 1080p IPS panel, which had the same blue point outside the sRGB space and a curtailed color gamut toward the purple. The Lepow did a tad better than the AOC, covering 65.4 percent of sRGB, but then we seldom see desktop monitors that cover less than 90 percent of sRGB. These kinds of mobile panels are generally for productivity use, not Photoshop finery. https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/2100381734/product-...

AOC I1601FWUX review: A budget portable monitor - PCWorld

The illumination looks even and when a 256 shade gradient was applied for testing, the display looked relatively even with only a few areas that you could tell there was a transition. As far as viewing angles, the picture can get a little dim when not viewed straight on, but you can still get a good idea of what you are looking at on the screen, regardless of which angle you might be viewing it from. Some might have problems with a screen that has a response time of 5ms, but in my daily use which included writing, YouTube, and some light movie watching through Netflix, this wasn't an issue.Build quality is solid. The rear panel doesn’t easily flex and only allows for a few degrees of movement. There’s minimal flex in the display panel, too, which provides hope that dropping an item on it wouldn’t cause too much damage. I’d still recommend buying a sleeve for the display, as any display is prone to scratches when left unprotected. Motion performance is fine for casual gaming. Ghosting is kept to a minimum and scenes are reasonably clear during fast camera pans or when scrolling across a map. Small details, like character names or floating hitpoint bars, seem blurry and obscured. This is typical for any 60Hz IPS monitor.

AOC I1601FWUX USB Type-C Portable Monitor Review - Laptop Mag

Recorded sRGB coverage was 53.80% – again, not even close to good. A decent monitor will reach around 75% of the sRGB colour gamut in tests and, ideally, will exceed 80%.

This issue is most common when you have been adjusting your display settings. Thankfully, you can reset them pretty easily. Usually the monitor will reset in a few seconds, but if it doesn’t, you can restart your computer and see if that helps. Not all USB-C ports are the same. If you wish to connect to a second external monitor you can use a DisplayLink Certified USB-A adapter or The quality of the folding stand is more than a little frustrating, especially when there are so many better examples on the market as covers for iPads and other tablets. It's hard to overlook the poor execution of such a vital element of the product.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment