276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brandon Sanderson's White Sand Omnibus

£31.495£62.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Today on Shardcast, we start talking about the Words of Brandon from our interview with Brandon in July. We get through a record low amount of WoBs, but we discuss Mistborn: Ghostbloods and Yumi questions. It's also a completely unhinged episode. Enjoy! You might fairly be wondering what happened to the physical editions of the book, and the answer is, they are coming soon-ish. In an Indiegogo update from December 15th, Dynamite has revealed that they've received the first shipment of the softcovers from the printer, and will begin sending them immediately. The hardcovers, meanwhile, are still awaiting their printing; as such, it is impossible to tell when they will arrive. In Chapter 2 when Kenton wakes up after his fight with the sandling there is a boombox in the tent behind him. Brandon has confirmed that this is not canonical as the residents of Taldain had not yet reached that level of technology at the time of the story. Isaac Stewart said that the artist who colored the graphic novel misunderstood the line art and that there was not enough time to change it before the book went to print. [4] He also said that when they put out a second edition of the book this and the other inconsistencies will be fixed. [5] These revisions were accomplished for the omnibus edition. Creo que los mundos de Sanderson son difíciles de adaptar al formato cómic por su complejidad y profundidad. Es complicado condensar tanta información del worldbuilding en forma de viñetas, cosa que esta edición logra un poquito mejor al introducir páginas adicionales en forma de Ars Arcanum. Aún así... Sigo teniendo la sensación de que es insuficiente y el formato se sigue quedando corto en comparación con lo que puede ofrecer una novela.

White Sands Deluxe Omnibus Update. Some books in hand White Sands Deluxe Omnibus Update. Some books in hand

On the planet of Taldain, the legendary Sand Masters harness arcane powers to manipulate sand in spectacular ways. But when they are slaughtered in a sinister conspiracy, the weakest of their number, Kenton, believes himself to be the only survivor. With enemies closing in on all sides, Kenton forges an unlikely partnership with Khriss -- a mysterious Darksider who hides secrets of her own. So this Saturday, we are doing two Secrets in Stained Glass streams. First, at 8:30am Pacific / 11:30am Eastern, we will be talking with Matt and Grace about Grace's PC, Cecily, and some other NPCs. This will go for about an hour, then at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern we will have the full cast on and we will answer your questions!

Navigation menu

I prefer the original novel by Sanderson, as opposed to this adaptation by Rik Hoskin. Doesn't seem authentic to have Sandersons' name front and center, while the poor narration is derived from someone else. Would hate to have someone read this on the basis that its Sanderson material and then get an erroneous idea of what his actual work is like. Recomiendo leer el ómnibus, ya que las anotaciones de Khriss aclaran el enmarañamiento de la trama y a parte me han parecido suuuuuper interesantes. El ritmo no es demasiado trepidante y los personajes no son de lo más cautivador que podamos encontrar en su bibliografía, así que, una vez más, el punto más fuerte de este cómic reside en su sistema de magia, "sandersoniano" a más no poder, y en su worldbuilding. Not being a fan of graphic novels but being a Cosmere fangirl, I knew I needed to read White Sand. I put it off time and time again until I realized there was a GraphicAudio production (also available on audible) out there! It really helped getting a cohesive narrative to a medium I don’t find easily accessible. Experienced this way, with a full cast of voice actors and sound effects, White Sand was a remarkably enjoyable listening experience. You still get what you want, Taldein (the planet) with its magic system as part of the Cosmere as well as Kenton and Khriss. If you haven’t enjoyed the graphic novel or have been put off by it as I have, you should give this a shot!

WHITE SAND HC ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS UNSIGNED - Dynamite WHITE SAND HC ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS UNSIGNED - Dynamite

For every episode, we randomly draw a set of clues from all submissions, so yours might take some time to appear It's classic. And then the test happens, intrigue happens, tragedy happens, and even a little budding romance, and all the while, the worldbuilding keeps pouring in. Kenton · Khrissalla · Baon · Ais · Drile · Aarik · Praxton · Jon Acron · Allstren Cynder · Nilto · Dirin · Gevalden · Heelis · Delius · Vey · N'Teese · Sharezan Empezaré alabando este magnífica edición que reúne los tres volúmenes de la obra y que incluye contenido que no estaba en ellos individualmente. Es un gustazo la gran cal Quizá la trama no pueda llegar a tanta profundidad como los otros libros del autor. Pero considero que para ser 160 páginas en novela gráfica me contaron un montón de cosas. Pude conocer a los personajes, sus sueños y la trama política de las culturas de Taldain. Muy interesante, ya espero continuar con los otros volumenes de la historia.

Edición recopilatoria que reúne los 3 volúmenes publicados hasta la fecha de Arena Blanca. Además de contar con páginas añadidas para contar la historia de Khriss y un Ars Arcanum de lo más completo que nos otorga mucha información sobre el mundo y su magia. A sto se same price tice na pocetku izgleda ko da ide u pravcu neceg dosta originalnog dok na kraju upadne u kolotecinu vec vidjenog. It (White Sand) is essential to Cosmere completists, and it's a beautiful addition to anyone's bookshelf" - Geekritique There is also some form of trope subversion where the protagonist did not start out being "the one" with the hidden superpowers/talent. Even in the short introduction so far, I've grown to like Kenton as a main character. Of course, the one that I was waiting to meet was Khriss, whom most of the Cosmere fans know has a greater agenda in mind. And even though they only appeared quite briefly, I'm keen to know more about Aarik (a good friend of Kenton's) and Ais (a female law enforcer). It's too soon to know where the plot is headed - right now there just seemed to be conspiracies within conspiracies occurring.

White Sand Omnibus? Feels Anyone heard from dynamite about White Sand Omnibus? Feels

I got this digital copy thanks to Read Now at NetGalley, but sadly the copy is not good quality -blurred and pixelated- so I think that diminesh the experience.

En sí el cómic está muy bien, pero otra cosa que me ha molestado un poco es el cambio de dibujante entre un volumen y otro, los dos primeros son más rudos y vitales, mientras que el del último volumen me ha resultado más simplucio ¿Era necesario cambiar de dibujante? Esta obra perteneciente al Cosmere transcurre en el planeta Taldain. Allí existen los Maestro de la Arena, personas capaces de controlar la arena. Kenton es el acólito más débil de la orden, pero tras un ataques sorpresa a la orden deberá tomar las riendas de lo poco que queda y demostrar que el Diem debe seguir existiendo. quiero decir con esto que sea mala, pero tampoco creo que esté al nivel de muchas de sus otras obras. In a brief intro, our heavenly leader Brando Sando, head of the Church of Sandernism, and devout member of the cult of Joseph Smith, asks of himself, ”Could I come up with a desert planet that wasn’t just a clone of Arrakis or Tatooine?” Answering his own question he says, ”I was successful, for the most part”. Well… Not really. It feels very reminiscent of both the aforementioned locales actually. Complete with its own Sarlacc, I mean Sand Worm! I mean… Sandling? As well as some handy desert mounts called “Riding Tonks” which are like a mix between Star Wars’ Eopies and Tauntauns. I have no doubt that had this story been told on a novel format it would have been many times better. Characters would be sharper, action sequences clearer, it would be much easier to get emotionally invested in characters, and Sanderson would have had more space to explore the themes of the story. But alas we do not live in that world. At best I can say the series was diverting and had its moments.

WHITE SAND HC ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS UNSIGNED EDITION - Dynamite

I’m Brandon Sanderson, and I write stories of the fantastic: fantasy, science fiction, and thrillers. Kelton es un maestro de la arena, o al menos aspira a serlo; es el novato del diem al que peor se le da la habilidad y para colmo de males es el propio hijo del lord Mastrell, el poder supremo de la institución. Unos achacan a que Kelton no posee el poder suficiente porque su madre era una oscurense, pero él mismo está dispuesto a demostrar que la maestría de la arena es más de lo que muchos creen y cómo puede utilizarse. Quizá algunas personas me lo habían tirado abajo, cómo que no era lo mejor de Sanderson. O en general, noto dentro de la comunidad del Cosmere que es el libro del cuál todos se olvidan. An excerpt from the first chapter of this graphic novel can be found in Arcanum Unbounded alongside the original prose source material for that section.I was super sad when his best friend died in the battle with the Kerztians. It really dug into my feels, guys. Super sad stuff. The main episodes of Secrets in Stained Glass have concluded, but we do still have some content to show you! Below is one more entry in Jenna Tekiel's journal, set after the end of Secrets in Stained Glass. Very big Secrets in Stained Glass Episode 5 spoilers follow! En cuanto a conexiones con el Cosmere, yo no me he enterado de ellas, pero me falta mucho Cosmere por leer y quizás las hay pero yo no las he visto. Reconozco que no he disfrutado tanto como con el resto. Creo que el formato novela gráfica se lleva mucho del estilo de Sanderson. Aún así, le acabé pillando el tranquillo y la he disfrutado bastante.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment