276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Viking Boy: 1

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-04-05 11:13:15 Bookplateleaf 0004 Boxid IA40426812 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier Do you want a name for your baby boy that has cuddly and cute connotations, but also suggests bravery and strength? Why not choose the name Old Norse name Bjørn (or Björn), which means “bear”?

The name Halfdan means literally “half Danish”, so could be a good choice for a baby boy with one Danish parent! Gunnar swears an oath to avenge his father's death and save his mother from Skuli – but first he must run to save himself. Murderous raiders, hand to hand battles to the death, mythical flying wolves and a relentless sea journey to the Land of Fire and Ice... Unknown to Gunnar, his life has been foretold, and he finds he has a destiny greater than his own story.

I hate you! I am Gunnar, son of Bjorn Sigurdsson, and I swear on the blood of my ancestors I will take vengeance on you for the murder of my father.' Namesakes: Vidar Kjartansson, an Icelandic footballer for Norwegian club Vålerenga IF. Vidar Kleppe, the Norwegian leader of the Democratic party from 2002 to 2012.

Famous Namesakes: Ari Fleischer (White House Press Secretary for George W. Bush), Ari Shapiro (correspondent for National Public Radio) That element of myth and magic was the other great reason I loved this. There's a mysterious old man in this book who's missing an eye (and if you know your myth, you may know who I mean). Coupled with him, there's a whole world of references ranging from the Bifrost, through to Heimdall, through to two birds which keep watch on Gunnar throughout his adventures.

Namesakes: Siegrun Klemmer, a German politician and member of the German Bundestag from 1990 to 2002. Namesakes: Leif Garrett (born Leif Per Nervik), an American 1970s teen idol. Leif Davis, an English footballer who plays for Leeds United. The patronymic naming system was employed throughout Scandinavia, where an individual's family name was derived from their father's first name, along with a suffix denoting their gender. This method facilitated the identification of a person's father; for instance, a man named Johannes Andersen was the son of Ander, and Maria Olofsdatter was the daughter of Olofs. Namesakes: Helga Gnauer, an Austrian fencer who competed at the 1960 Summer Olympics. Helga Haugen, a Norwegian politician, elected to the Norwegian Parliament in 1985.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment