276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Acrylic Mini X-11 Chrome Silver - Paints - Tamiya

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The weeks since my last update were not wasted but rather put to good modeling use as I had couple of opportunities to sit down and build. I must admit this kit used all its Mojo quota and I looked the other way on more then one mistakes (not panel washing the gear doors for example) Before you fire up the compressor, the Hasegawa kit lists FS numbers - the interior colour on Westland aircraft is Dark Admiralty Grey BS381C:632.... I then used some old electronic parts I collect for exactly these occasions and then painted light gray and weathered a bit: In the 1980's, U.S. military developed new general-purpose vehicles which were intended to be used for a wide variety of military duties. Depending on the body type and fitted equipment, it could perform a wide range of roles. Of those different variants, the armament carrier type was one of the most numerous. Fitted with powerful armament such as an Mk.19 grenade launcher and M60 machine gun on a ring mount, they are used to guard units and important facilities in difficult conditions including the 1991 Gulf War, being vital for U.S. military activities. The kit features detailed suspension and realistic rubber tires. ?Included are a driver and gunner figures as well as 4 kinds of markings to depict a vehicle seen during the Gulf War.

The FAA paints - first time, just love them, the top came up a little to gray and less blue then in the picture. The electronic box started with finding a matching in size Styrene cylinder to serve as a axle for the Radar dome elbow: So - I painted all three Mr. Aqueous Hobby H.18 Steel - without glueing them. Then installed C60 After I mated the fuselage parts and will install C61/62 after the exterior is painted. Agree with others that the more complex kits = more time but not necessarily more difficulty. I really enjoyed my re-re Hotshot build and wish I had more money to try the 3-speeds.I'm still quite pleased with how the dashboard turned out. It's almost a pity it won't really be visible in the finished car.

Onto the more positive stuff; I'm really pleased with the front and rear screens, the frames were probably painted in Tamiya X11 or Humbrol Silver. I searched the net - turns out you need to mask and paint - and do that BEFORE installing the sponson. NOT Before - I deviated from the instructions. You are called to mate C60+C61+C62 (engine exhaust pipes) and install them before you close the fuselage. This will create some headache when you come to paint the exterior as these should be some sort of steel or other metallic paint. It's also very difficult to install C60 afer they are together, maintain the right angle (C61/62 vs. the body) and close the parts. Works rally/race 1600/1800 cars of the same years differ from this and must be studied as individuals. As the Dremel was out - I attended to a myriad number of sink holes: Some Mr. Dissolved Putty and the Dremel again.Whilst doing some dry fitting, the vertical panel which is part of the hull and attaches to part the superstructure did not seem to line up and fit that well. I took a different approach and decided to cut it off, glue to direct to the superstructure. It will need a small amount of filler when the superstructure is finally fitted, but doing that seems far easier than wrestling with trying to get it lined up and glued in its original format. Airwing Models So - this is the state of affairs as of the end of the last sitting time. I hope my AMS will be subdued for the rest of the build. Parts of winch and smokeless launcher are also prepared Add changes to the expression of the model and broaden the range of the scene development.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment