276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Whatever It Takes: The thrilling new novel from bestseller Andy McNab (Nick Stone)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mercer steals from these men in revenge for the financial ruin of his family to compensate for the wrongs they have caused.

Whatever It Takes: The thrilling new novel from bestseller Whatever It Takes: The thrilling new novel from bestseller

James while working out how to rob a rich guy in his impressive estate in New Zealand gets caught but instead of being arrested the rich guy places him in charge of robbing his rich rival of a ledger.Mercer has to assemble a team who can help him play a get out of jail free card by breaking into a seemingly impregnable mansion. He calls on former army colleagues, dangling the carrot of a very large cash reward for their help. With them comes Mercer’s sister, Charlotte, who’s going to handle the financial side of things. I have been a fan of Andy McNab for a long time. This is just so different and bad that I am worried. Are you OK Andy? This book must surely have been written by someone else. The story is good in places but overall pieces don't really fit and some of the plot is really out there for Andy. Until his solo crusade falls foul of the very people he seeks to rob - the one per centers, the people who own the bulk of the world's wealth. Soon he is putting together a crew to carry out one last robbery, to undertake one last job. Success will restore his family's fortunes, but failure will destroy them forever. The plot twists from one surprise to the next, involving benevolent crusaders and ruthless opponents. A worthwhile read, as good as any of McNab’s previous thrillers.

Whatever It Takes - Penguin Books UK Whatever It Takes - Penguin Books UK

For a start, the protagonist isn't an ex-SF operator, yet often he slips into the mindset of one, which I felt jarring. But my main issue was the areas of the plot that either made no sense, or were just soo far fetched it again felt jarring.Until his solo crusade falls foul of the very people he seeks to rob – the one per centers, the people who own the bulk of the world’s wealth. Soon he is putting together a crew to carry out one last robbery, to undertake one last job. Success will restore his family’s fortunes, but failure will destroy them forever. For me this doesn’t quite clear McNab’s usually high bar, but despite that, Whatever It Takes is still a damn good thriller, with likeable characters, well-thought through scenarios that never totally shattered my suspension of disbelief and for that I’ll happily forgive a premise that didn’t quite live up to its initial promise. This is the first Andy McNab book I have read and I thought it was a really good read until the end when I didnt really understand what was happening.

‎Whatever It Takes on Apple Books

A departure from his usual SAS/Soldier genre, this new standalone had me enthralled from the start. He’s out to rob the people who sit at the very top of the financial pyramid, the one per cent who own the vast bulk of the world’s wealth. But these are not the kind of people to mess with, as Mercer learns to his cost when one of his break-ins goes disastrously wrong. When James Mercer’s latest heist doesn’t go according to plan, he’s presented with an ultimatum – pull off a seemingly impossible job or suffer the consequences.Andy McNab has written about his experiences in the SAS in two bestselling books, Bravo Two Zero (1993) and Immediate Action (1995). Bravo Two Zero is the highest selling war book of all time and has sold over 1.7 million copies in the UK. To date it has been published in 17 countries and translated into 16 languages. The CD spoken word version of Bravo Two Zero, narrated by McNab, sold over 60,000 copies and earned a silver disc. The BBC's film of Bravo Two Zero, starring Sean Bean, was shown on primetime BBC 1 television in 1999 and released on DVD in 2000. McNab also worked as an instructor on the SAS selection and training team and instructed foreign special forces in counter terrorism, hostage rescue and survival training. La narrazione in prima persona e la scrittura scorrevole rendono piacevole la lettura. Unica nota stonata la trama, interessante e ben articolata, ma a mio avviso poco realistica. Ma questo è un mio giudizio personale che nulla toglie al libro nel suo complesso che risulta coinvolgente e appassionante. Pretty sure nobody believes the president of the USA is the most important and bestest person in the world anymore? From the day he was found in a carrier bag on the steps of Guy's Hospital in London, Andy McNab has led an extraordinary life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment