276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In The Wild

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Listen, I would be dead without music, hands down, 100% in the ground long ago if it wasn’t for music,” says Amiee. “Music has been my refuge, my healing light. It’s healed me. It’s been my best friend. It’s comforted me. And it comforts me in writing, and it comforts me when someone connects with it. And all of a sudden, neither of us are alone. We have found kindred spirits, we found community, and music brings people together. And it just feels like music’s so powerful. And I feel so honored anytime anyone says, ‘I heard that song, that got me through a dark time. I feel less alone. Thank you.’ Yeah, it’s the greatest gift in the world to be able to do that when music’s done that for me so much.” Billy Kottage, formerly of Reel Big Fish, has been touring with the band as a featured musician since early 2019, playing the Hammond organ and trombone. But mostly, In the Wild is the story of Aimee’s traumatic past and road to healing. She has written songs about the problems in her life before, like “Easy On You”, “Jenny Drinks” and “She Got Arrested”, but these were always about someone else, about a third person. Aimee told Nylon Magazine: Though Aimee has never been shy about sharing her struggles – growing up in an abusive household, her battles with trichotillomania, years of self-medicating with alcohol – her music in The Interrupters has always had that fictional buffer. Even when making In The Wild, the group had songs left on the editing floor because they didn’t fit in with the overall narrative. Us being this close-knit family, working and isolating in our own space is why the record’s called In The Wild,” says Kevin. “I almost felt like we were in the woods camping, and we only had each other to rely on. Once we started, it became our whole life and all-time fell away.” In The Wildmay not be the record The Interrupters intendedto make, but it’s the one they ultimately believe they were meantto make.

Say It Out Loud: "ARIA Report: Issue 1375" (PDF). ARIA. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 20, 2016 . Retrieved November 17, 2023. You released In the Mirror , the first single from In The Wild , three months ahead of the album: was this the first time you've felt that you've really been able to face yourself like that? Tours: Rancid / Tim Timebomb & Friends / The Interrupters". Punknews.org. June 10, 2013 . Retrieved February 17, 2017.Aimee: “We've gotten that a lot in our career and there’s no greater gift than to receive that message. But since we've released Jailbird, In The Mirror, Anything Was Better, the messages I'm receiving are overwhelmingly saying the music is helping them get through a really tough time and that our music has saved them. I can't really find the words to express what that means to me. Because music has saved my life, music has healed me, music has been my best friend and music is the reason I'm alive. So if I can pay that forward or if I could possibly be so blessed as to pass that gift to someone, that's a reason to wake up in the morning and a reason to keep doing what we're doing. It’s the most beautiful thing in the world.” It’s a bit poetic to interrupt The Interrupters. “We just took a break from editing our next music video that we’re going to be releasing for a song on the album to have this chat,” says guitarist Kevin Bivona when he and Aimee Interrupter, vocalist and songwriter for the band, speak with HollywoodLife. The beloved ska-punk band – featuring Kevin’s brothers, twins Justin and Jesse Bivona – are in the finals stages before the release of In The Wild, their long-awaited fourth studio album and the first since 2018’s Fight The Good Fight. Kevin: “We never really sat down and talked about it in that way because me and Jesse and Justin are her biggest fans. And [it was like] if this is the direction you want to go and this is what you want to write about, we're going to support it one hundred per cent.” The Interrupters are an American ska punk band formed in Los Angeles, California, in 2011. The band comprises lead vocalist Aimee Interrupter, drummer Jesse Bivona, bassist Justin Bivona, and guitarist Kevin Bivona. They have released four studio albums. The latest, In the Wild, was released in 2022, along with the album's lead single, "Raised by Wolves". [1] History [ edit ] Formation and early years [ edit ]

We have to stay in the moment,” says Kevin. “Sometimes to our detriment, because stuff will start to pile up, and I’m like, ‘Oh no.’ And then all of this stuff, it seems really last minute.” (Jimmy Fontain)This record is the first time I wrote my story and told my truth and shared what I went through and continue to go through.”

With my depression I was in a bad place before I got the help that I needed, but I significantly improved after the treatment. I felt so much better and I had the inner strength to write my story, and Kevin has done everything he could to sonically support that. It was a beautiful process.” ARIA Top 20 Vinyl Albums for week of 15 August 2022". Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved August 12, 2022. More importantly perhaps, Aimee finally had time to step away from the touring whirlwind that had kept her mind in motion for the past two years. Having that imposed pause also meant she had no real choice but to consider the distance travelled and, inevitably, its starting point – the childhood trauma that had mutated into a constant but publicly submerged depression.

Top tracks

I always knew that music was what I was gonna do,” she continues, “because I didn’t find happiness or peace anywhere else. I’ve been tortured and tormented. Cut to my early 20s – I got into a relationship that was very similar to my stepdad. Very abusive, very violent. I had to find my way out of that situation too, but it caused a lot of trauma for me. It took me many, many years to recover.” Aimee: “Yeah, those moments when I'm touching fans, those are the moments that make me feel not alone in the world, that we're all together. There's just this relief that there are other people that feel the way that I do and that we're connecting. I feel like they see my pain and I see their pain and it's like we are one. We're all singing together, we're celebrating, it's everything to me.” In The Wild is without question the broadest album The Interrupters have ever released, and that evolution is certainly necessary for a band that are growing in stature in the rate that they are, yet it retains the grounded relatability, effervescent drive and world class hooks and songwriting that has made them the ska-punk band of the last decade. Doubt us? Give the brilliant Raised By Wolves one listen and then try and remove that irresistible chorus from your brain. Trust us, it’s not going anywhere and neither are they. This creativity and authenticity have earned the band lifelong fans – literally. One element of The Interrupters’ lore originates from a show in DC. “There was a kid there holding a Hellcat records T-shirt that was too small for him, clearly,” says Kevin.” And as I’m playing the show, I’m two songs in, and I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh, we played DC seven years ago.’ And there was a young in there, and Aimee was walking out of the show, and he said, ‘I love your shirt.’ And she took her shirt off and gave it to him.” Festivals & Events: Warped Tour 2016 lineup announced". Punknews.org. March 23, 2016 . Retrieved February 17, 2017.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment