276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SanDisk 256GB microSDXC UHS-I card for Nintendo Switch- Nintendo licensed Product

£12.315£24.63Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Incredible speeds in a microSDXC card officially licensed for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems

I wouldn't count on Nintendo selling their consoles for a loss, either. Since when have they done that? Besides, Sony is a pretty good example of how to almost destroy your business empire by going too ham on the whole "selling at a loss" tactic... I do know that I use 512gb SD on Wii U for GC/Wii games and 200gb on 3DS and have never noticed any issues in games (or otherwise, despite potential scenarios others warned against). The only thing I've ever noticed is on the 3DS, now that I have like 180gb used of the 235gb available after formatting, sometimes it takes an extra second for all the menu icons to load. I have all my VC games (aside from Wii) on my internal 32gb storage and everything else on my hard drive. They did say that the sound is higher quality on Switch than WiiU. I don't know if that just means that Switch has a better DSP, or if the actual sound samples are higher quality for botw. The audiophile in me winces when I hear 7.1....grumblegrumble. Overprocessed and necessary unless in a very large room. It's like 4k for a 26" TV you sit on the other side of the room from. And I did say "if you stop and think about it OBJECTIVELY". Filling in what you think other people might do or are doing, isn't objective, that's subjective.Any parent may frantically Google “best micro SD card Switch” after buying a fresh new Nintendo Switch for a little one – not realizing that the console’s storage isn’t exactly overflowing. With between 32GB and 64GB available on the system, you’re gonna wanna upgrade. I'll DL a few gig, but 4, MAYBE 5 is my absolute limit on a patch. More than that I'll play single player without patching. If it crashes, that's a trash game right there.

Considering that the NS is future ready enough to handle 2TB cards when they eventually exist, I suspect it can handle and benefit from UHS-II cards. (Anything above 256GB with UHS-I would be unbearably slow after being mostly filled. Even 200-256GB is pushing it for being slow to load with UHS-I.)

And the facts you keep bringing up aren't really facts. Those comparisons are HIGHLY debatable and factually slanted. You can't compare them 1 to 1 because the market share of the Switch is much smaller.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment