276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Prada Luna Rossa Ocean Eau de Toilette 50ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I bought Chanel's BDC Parfum around the same time, and I think that Ocean competes quite well with that. I find them much more similar (mid notes) than any of the others referenced above. I would also say this has a similar formula to Ferragamo's Acqua Essenziale Blu with more interesting reference notes (like Caramel and Iris) and better blending. To be honest, this is probably the next best thing you can ever find post BDC, but then again, it's really unfair to compare every fragrance to an all-time masterpiece. This is one composition that would be adored if it wasn't overshadowed by Bleu (and I'm very much guilty of making that comparison), but hey, such is life... This is not a fragrance to judge on one wear.. This one needs to be enjoyed as you go through your day. It smells light and airy and does have sweetness; but the caramel, florals, and woody notes finally give you something different than all the other bubblegum fragrances being peddled. Lasts for the workday and is good for office wear and daytime use given how clean and smooth it smells. However, after about 10 minutes, you start getting this fresh linen smell, which I think is a mix of iris and lavender, smells really pleasant. Imagine a guy, just out of the shower in a clean white linen shirt just out of the laundry, this is what it smells like. It's really very pleasant. I agree that nobody does Iris better than Prada for men's fragrances. It's fresh, it's clean, it's mildly floral but not in a feminine way.

Very well rounded and smooth scent. Just professional quality blend from Prada. This is a very soapy and fresh scent, Iris lavender bomb- with a slight sweetness from the caramel which rounds out the fragrance. I actually like the caramel note in this. As much as I LOVED the smell of this, for some reason, it just did not last on me. Perhaps skin chemistry. Projected for about an hour and then I really had to dig my nose in to catch a whiff of it. No, I did not become anosmic to it. Such a shame it didn't work out, returned the bottle with sadness. Still rating it 5/5 because the scent is awesome. This is versatile Like Dior Homme 2020, Chanel EDT, EDP, Ralph's Club, Polo Blue's, and nothing is aquatic. It's a better designer frag than most on the market. I thought this was Prada's take on an aquatic scent but don't let the name fool you. This is not a straight up aquatic fragrance like, per se, ADG Profondo or Bvlgari Aqua line. Even the note breakdown, if you look at them without knowing what perfume it is, no one would suspect that it's an aquatic. If you like any of the other Prad Frags, you will like this one and for the price it is a good fragrance for anyone to own. I just pulled the trigger and glad I did. Great all-season, anytime type of blue frag but better quality and smoother than Dylan Blue (Which I love, but it's strong. not great anytime scent but close imo). Chanel Blue EDT can compete with this for a designer blue frag but for the price this is a great blue fragrance own one that does it all. Y EDP and Parfum both really sweet and strong, sage and apple is heavy on that one, kind of a nighttime in FL. For an EDT, this is great, not offensive to anyone (Point of a blue frag for me) projects the way it should for a Prada quality EDT, not going to choke out rooms, go light on trigger in summer and not too sweet or have Incense that can turn some off. Sauvage EDP and Blue Parfum for sure smell much richer, better, two best blues IMO but I can't wear them anyday, anywhere....I put this in the "Safe to wear in any situation without offending anyone, get some compliments if that is your thing, I was considering adding this by comparing it to Givenchy Gentleman Only Intense blue juice, Ralph's club parfum, Polo Blue Parfum & Dior Homme Sport, but If you have Dior Homme, Sport is reduntant, Ralphs club EDP similar to Parfum, wait for that on discount, blue Parfum good, but get that when discounted, So my point, if rambling, was this is Why I decided to grab this, I get the dislike from certain people, you do hope for a banger from Prada since they have had a few and prices are great, so they did a GOOD JOB ON THIS FRAGRANCE.A scent for the modern adventurer, gripped by a magnetic calling for discovery. Built on a conviction that with technology as an extension of ourselves, Luna Rossa Ocean can empower us to push ourselves beyond our limits, re-imagine what’s possible, and explore new horizons.

Been smelling this right next to BDC EDT: Very similar drydowns, but they each take their own, very interesting journey there. Since that journey is short-lived anyway, I don't think you'd need both in your collection, at least not at full price.Slowly, you start getting those woody, peppery notes that resemble a clean non-earthy Vetiver to my nose, which is just toned down enough by some suede. It smells inviting and really lovely. When I returned home, I looked at my collection and noticed my bottle of Versace dreamer (2010 reformulation). When I first wore Versace Dreamer, it didn't make me fall in love like PLR ocean. However, I do detect similarities. I don’t smell anything that remotely reminds me of an ocean, but that’s not stopping me from enjoying the scent. This, to me, is more like an ocean of shower gel. All the associations that may bring fit really well to my nose. I get a strong, sharp, citrusy bergamot paired well with a fuzzy amborxan type note. It’s very familiar and very blue, yet easily achieves what it’s setting out to do, which is be an appealing, anytime fragrance. I get what they were going with regarding the marketing material. Jake Gyllenhaal getting drenched with a cold rain, the scene behind him a dark grey/blue hue. They knew it was a cold scent, too. Though, a better name would've been Prada Luna Rossa Rainfall or Mist or something else rain-related instead of Ocean. Doesn't really bring to the table many accords that bring an ocean to mind. Instead, I envision the fuzzy, warm glow that radiates during a thunderous storm as you travel through the weather. I also imagine the flame of a scorching day snuffed as one takes a bracing plunge into floral-laced waters. The beauty is that it is such a fluid scent that it can really go both ways.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment