276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Murder Most Unladylike: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery, 1)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The cutest part was of course Hazel and Alexander but while we have a much more fleshed out narrative on Alexander's side there wasn't enough of them and what they've been doing after Death Sets Sail. There wasn't quite enough information about anyone, really. It all felt rather disjointed, random and abrupt.

Murder Most Unladylike: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A Murder Most Unladylike: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A

This story is set in 1934. How would it be different if it were set in the present day? How would the characters' lives be different? What about cultural attitudes? Self-deprecating, thoughtful narrator and detective Hazel may be completely dazzled by her aristocratic, fearless, self-absorbed, and often manipulative BFF but also sees right through her -- and takes her as she is, though not without some tears along the way. Amid the not-so-secret drinking and serial romance on the faculty, a few adults we'll probably be seeing in future series installments show unexpected strengths. Then Hazel discovers the Science Mistress, Miss Bell, lying dead in the Gym. To add to the mystery, when she and Daisy return five minutes later, the body has disappeared. Now Hazel and Daisy not only have a murder to solve: they have to prove one happened in the first place. The Case of the Uninvited Guest : Uncle Felix and Aunt Lucy's wedding is the target for an unlikely threat When Hazel discovers Science Mistress Miss Bell lying dead in the Gym, she thinks it must have been a terrible accident - but when she and Daisy return a few moments later, the body has completely disappeared. The girls realise a murder must have taken place, and soon discover that there's more than one person at Deepdean with a motive. Determined to get to the bottom of the crime, Hazel and Daisy put their detective skills to the test - but can they uncover the truth before the killer strikes again?

The book could be read at almost any age. But because it has murder in, I wouldn't recommend it to young children.

Murder Most Unladylike: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery: 1 Murder Most Unladylike: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery: 1

I have a confession to make: I have the hardest time suspending disbelief when it comes to books featuring children investigating murders cases. I often find myself utterly unable to believe that children are better at this than actual detectives and also: what-are-these- children-doing-investigating-murders-don’t-they-know-how-dangerous-that-is? And YET: I equally seem to always find myself navigating toward these books and reading them anyway because Girls! Solving crimes! is too attractive a premise for me to pass. With that in mind, the success of such books will ultimately depend on the execution and the voice. This is an amazing collection of tales of the Detective Society and the last story - May Wong And The Deadly Flat - is an eye opener to the next series that I'm really looking forward to. This series has been a joy to read and I will miss them. Determined to get to the bottom of the crime before the killer strikes again Hazel and Daisy must hunt for evidence, spy on their suspects and use all the cunning and intuition they can muster. But will they succeed? And can their friendship stand the test? I loved the hints about where Daisy and Hazel will go after their last full-length murder mystery (not to mention their friends, George and Lavinia!!). And it was wonderful to meet May Wong again - with her fierce intelligence and strong personality, I'm glad she'll be one of the driving forces behind the series' next evolution.The Case of the Uninvited Guest: 5* - we finally got this story and it didn’t disappoint 😩 it was so funny too

Murder Most Unladylike - Robin Stevens - Google Books Murder Most Unladylike - Robin Stevens - Google Books

I (40) got this for my daughter (8) but stole it and adored it so much that it is now MY book for good... she'll have to get her own copy! (Plus, I think she is more of a Rose than a Hazel and therefore might prefer something a little less murdery and a little more ladylike really).The Case of the Drowned Pearl: [ rating from when already read upon publication for world book day 2020] 3.5* - it was interesting, and I'm always here for more content with the detective society and junior pinkertons - I just felt that it suffered a little from its length and it would've been better if it was longer and had more space (?) to develop A Murder Most Unladylike 2.Arsenic for Tea 3.First Class Murder 4.Jolly Foul Play 5.Mistletoe and Murder […] My mother was furious. She hates my father's obsession with England. 'Western school never did any Chinese person good,' she said. Robin Stevens was born in California and grew up in an Oxford college, across the road from the house where Alice in Wonderland lived. She has been making up stories all her life. Most awaited read for me💞 I am a big fan of Murder most unladylike series and this book really means so much for me❤️ It is a collection of short stories including my favourite characters -Hazel , Daisy, Alexander , George and ……Mr.Felix, YES!!! He was there in most of the stories!!❤️

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment