276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lenovo TAB 4 8 Plus 8 inches IPS Tablet PC - (Aurora Black) (Qualcomm MSM8953 2 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Android 7.0)

£129.5£259.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At first glance, the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus seemed to be a fantastic device. With an integrated fingerprint reader, two front-facing Dolby Atmos speakers and splendid design, I had high hopes for it. As the name suggests, this Lenovo tablet has an 8-inch display. The 1920 x 1200 resolution isn’t the highest out there and can’t match the iPad Mini. Still, it’s a decent IPS LCD panel offering up bright colours and good contrast. Like its larger sibling, the Tab 4 10 Plus, the 8 Plus design isn’t based on an iPad. Instead, it features a full glass-covered front and rear, with a metallic rim running between the two.

My biggest issue with the software is updates. This tablet is still running Android 7, which has already been superseded by Android 8 Oreo. To makes things worse, Android 9 P is arriving in only a few months. Whether Oreo or P will come to the Tab 4 8 Plus remains to be seen. Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus – Battery life Dolby Atmos technology is used in top-end soundbars to bounce sound off your ceiling and deliver a spacious surround sound effect. So, it comes as a surprise to see it included in a tablet, such as the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus. Limits:Limit 5 per customer. Offers valid from Lenovo in Canada only. Lenovo may increase or decrease these limits, from time to time, for certain offerings.During my time with the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus, I found the battery life to be pretty much as I’d expect of a smaller tablet. The 8 Plus isn’t an endurance king; it’s probably more comparable to a large phone rather than a large tablet. The 5000mAh battery is a bigger unit than you’d see in a phone, but you also have that larger screen to take into account.

If you go looking, you’ll be able to spot the individual pixels in the panel. From further away, though, it’s fine. Watching movies from Netflix is a good experience, and even when I used the tablet outside for reading, there was enough brightness to combat the rays. If this tablet it likely to be used by a child, or even if you’re a clumsy adult, you’d be wise to invest in a case or sleeve.

There’s a USB-C port along the bottom edge for charging, which doesn’t seem to integrate any form of fast-charging. Why buy the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus? You get 16GB or 64GB of storage with the Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus depending on the version bought, and it has a microSD tray on the side. It lives under the Lenovo logo, which is actually a removable flap. In some territories there are 4G LTE versions of the Tab 4 10 Plus too, although our sample only has space for a memory card. Screen

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment