276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Butterfly Club

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

M.A. Bennett introduces The Mona Lisa Mystery (The Butterfly Club) for ReadingZone, and reads from a chapter of the book : I thought it was also great seeing that there was also more that meets the eye to Miss Lovejoy, like she seemed really mean, unfair and hard-hearted at first, but started to show just how nice she actually could be.

To apply for a season at The Butterfly Club, write down as many of the items below as you can. Don't panic if you don't have all of it - even if you don't have most of it - send us what you do have and we'll get started. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk. She should be prescribed for all cases of reading reluctance. - Independent on Sunday Read more Details We’re keen to see that those with disabilities can be part of the fabric of Lincoln’s artistic and cultural community and now that The Drill has been refurbished, the space has really been used in a much more accessible way which caters to the club’s diverse needs. The winners of the Diverse Book Awards 2023 have been announced, with one winner from each of the four categories announced: Picture book, Children... M.A. Bennett's The Mona Lisa Mystery is a gripping time-travel adventure story that takes us to the Louvre at the turn of the century, and the theft of what was, at that time, a little-known painting... The Mona Lisa! M.A. Bennett tells us about the true historical events, and the people, that helped inspire this and her earlier Butterfly Club books.

Select a format:

Can you tell us what is the Butterfly Club, and what inspired the idea? How did you choose which year to base the Butterfly Club in? Jacqueline is also a great reader, and has amassed over 20,000 books, along with her famous collection of silver rings. Next it's the moon landings of 1969. Again, this historical event is familiar to most, but many space fans won't realise how close the Apollo 11 came to a fatal explosion on the moon's surface, only averted by the brave men and women of Mission Control. The Butterfly Club is yet another Wilson masterpiece; brilliantly written, very accessible, just a joy to read. It’s a quiet story. From the start, my daughter was completely absorbed by the simple, everyday intricacies of Tina’s life, because the writing is detailed and full of voice. I was sometimes surprised by what made my daughter laugh or gasp, not realizing how her sense of humor and/or awareness of the world and relationships between people had matured. I grew a little bored in the first third, to be honest, because it was so very everyday: school, a mean girl, etc. I was beginning to wonder if my biggest pleasure would be watching my daughter’s.

In my book it is the time thieves who steal the painting for Vincenzo, with the help of the one man from their time who could make anything disappear - the master magician Harry Houdini. Representation on relevant bodies, including the Northern Ireland Trans Forum, to give voice to the concerns of club members and the wider transgender population. Who are the three children who become involved with the Butterfly Club, and why do they work so well together?Seeing Ruby act as she always wanted too was such a treat and seeing Garnet flourish in her own camera-shy way behind the scenes and making a name for herself via producing/script writing was brilliant. They are both truly still the personalities of Ruby & Garnet from when they were young in 'Double Act'. Your characters are inspired and intrigued by the picture of Mona Lisa. Have you seen it in real life? Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first novel when she was nine years old, and she has been writing ever since. She is now one of Britain’s bestselling and most beloved children’s authors. She has written over 100 books and is the creator of characters such as Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather. More than forty million copies of her books have been sold. In 2009 we expanded to Abbeyfeale where a club was set up. This meant that children from the locality didn't have to travel to Rathkeale, they were able to attend the club in Abbeyfeale. It also frees up spaces in the Rathkeale club so that new children can join in both Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale. M.A. Bennett was born in the north of England to an English mother and a Venetian father. She loved history so much she studied it at four different universities. She also studied art and worked as an illustrator, an actress and a film reviewer. Now she has her dream job of being a writer and her books have been translated into more than 20 languages. Her first YA novel, STAGS, was published in 2017 and was shortlisted for the YA Book Prize 2018. She lives in London - the home of Greenwich Meantime - with one husband, two children and three cats.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment