276°
Posted 20 hours ago

High Drama

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As unexpected as the album was and as odd as it may have sounded on paper, it is obvious in retrospect what a good fit it was. For items that are dispatched using our standard service, we ask that you wait 14 days from the date of dispatch before reporting any items as undelivered.

Conceptually, High Drama by Adam Lambert is relatively simple: The powerhouse vocalist takes a some of his favorite songs, turns them on their head and adds a dramatic flair. In Caste, published in 2020, Wilkerson examines the racial hierarchy in America as a caste system, not unlike systems of oppression in India and in Nazi Germany that have enforced dynamics of superiority and inferiority based on characteristics other than race. Baltin: Was there one moment where you really noticed your voice changing and it allowed you to convey different emotions?

High Drama works best in those moments where Lambert manages to make a cover feel like it belongs to him as much as to the original artist. And I love that everyone can turn on the Grammys and see something of themselves reflected on the screen. His rendition of Billie Eilish’s “Getting Older” delivers a masterclass in adding layers of emotional depth to a song with simple tweaks to its underlying structure. It was like a real nice challenge to go, ‘OK, let’s find songs’ — some are obscure, some are new, some are really well-known — ‘that we think are cool, and flip them and make them sound entirely different if we can. I know a lot of my queer friends that are huge Beyonce fans were like thrilled when that album came out and it was great.

Notwithstanding the Queen-like a capella intro, he not only captures the poignant intimacy and stark vulnerability in Eilish’s lyrics, but takes it a step further. I now know more than ever exactly who I am and what I'm about and what my brand is, and what my sound is, and who my fans are," Lambert says. Jacob Elordi Gets Into Monkey Business in ‘He Went That Way’ The bland noir-ish thriller "He Went That Way" fumbles its intriguing premise and casting of "It" boy Jacob Elordi.Metro Weekly 's Sean Maunier wrote, "With a mix of songs that allow him to show off a range and versatility, High Drama highlights Lambert's skill as a curator, a side of himself that he has not really shown off much up until this point. With a mix of songs that allow him to show off a range and versatility, High Drama highlights Lambert’s skill as a curator, a side of himself that he has not really shown off much up until this point.

Baltin: I love "My Attic" because it's such a beautiful song, but I love songs that really speak with simplicity. With High Drama, Lambert has delivered a collection of unsurprisingly solid and well-executed covers. And so it's interesting because I didn't even think about it consciously but yeah, almost all of the artists on the album were people that have had like their own moment, their own sound. Billie Eilish’s “Getting Older” opens with a Queen-esque harmonized vocal before shifting to a rock ballad.It’s a lot of rock music, a lot of music from the ‘70s, but the process of putting a musical together is a longer timeline. However, I was influenced by the great rendition of the single Holding Out For a Hero to give it a shot. Lambert: Yeah, like I said, I think the arts are the biggest tool to push and effect and flip pop culture. But Lambert tells me during our recent Zoom chat he is just now getting more comfortable with his voice and role in music.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment