276°
Posted 20 hours ago

To Kill a Kingdom: TikTok made me buy it! The dark and romantic YA fantasy for fans of Leigh Bardugo and Sarah J Maas

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve heard things: tales of lost hearts and harpooned women stapled to the ocean bed as punishment for their treachery. Left to suffer until their blood becomes salt and they dissolve to sea foam. These are the women who take the human bounty of their kin. Mermaids more fish than flesh, with an upper body to match the decadent scales of their fins. To Kill a Kingdom is a 2018 Young Adult novel by Alexandra Christio which is a loose adaption of The Little Mermaid.

Then you say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better.” This book is rated for 13+. So anything that is romantic would be more so for young adults. How many books are there in this series? First off, I’d like to put it out there that The Little Mermaid, in all its iterations but especially the Disney animated film, is my favorite story of all time. The sacrifice, pain, heartbreak, MERMAIDS, attractive sailor types… there’s nothing about these stories that I don’t love. (Ok, well nothing except the slightly tone-deaf gender politics in Disney’s version.) Everyone who knows me knows just how obsessed I am with this tale and with mermaids. I was practically primed to love To Kill a Kingdom.protect him or myself? defend his home or my own? " A brutal darkness has fallen over lands, faced with a terrible threat, two kingdom most come together to make peace. hatred, friendship and love will all be put to the test... Language: English Words: 6,310 Chapters: 6/6 Kudos: 1 Hits: 137 p. 104 Aschimi ligo skyla. It is supposed to be translated to "filthy little bitch". If you're not Greek, you won't understand how funny this is. It's like saying "filthy a bit bitch" or something. The correct one is "aschimi mikri skyla". We don't really say that here, but it's the right translation. And then there’s Prince Elian. Beautiful, handsome, swoon-worthy Prince Elian. He may seem light-hearted and devious on the outside, but he has a whole storm of thoughts and emotions brewing inside. (I’d also like to add as a side-note that Elian was everything I always imagined Prince Eric, my favorite prince of all time, to be outside of Disney’s shallow characterization of him.) Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most--a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen and or remain a human forever.

A year has passed since the dictator Sea Queen has passed and Lira took over her kingdom and brought peace. Unfortunately peace does not come overnight and as some sirens refuse to stop their old deadly traditions some of them begin to disappear causing discourse between the kingdoms. And after finding a small child who's mom went missing Elian and Lira must sail the seas once more to save the world while also dealing with the most challenging endeavor of all, parenthood. Language: English Words: 1,477 Chapters: 1/40 Comments: 3 Kudos: 19 Bookmarks: 3 Hits: 204 Mineral MacGuffin: The main characters spend most of the plot on a quest for the Second Eye of Keto, one of two powerful crystals said to be the eyes of the lost sea goddess. Prince Elian is the most dangerous siren hunter in the world and fights an uphill battle to avenge his fallen friend who was killed by sirens. When he ends up rescuing Lira from drowning, she shows him a path to defeat sirenkind for good. The two end up working together while keeping their conflicting agendas secret. I meet the eyes of my prince and stroke his soft, angelic skin. Gently, with one hand on his cheek and another resting on the thin bones of his shoulder, I kiss him. And as my lips taste his, I pull him under.They are both rough around the edges, both willing to do whatever they deem necessary, and both unafraid to get their hands a little bloody. When fate thrusts them together what we get is a book worth of verbal battles as they use their wit to draw each other out. We get tension and action, we get slowly building friendships and even slower building romances. Basically, we get a lot of awesome things that you are just gonna have to see for yourself. I smile at that, because Elian of all people should know better. He should know to have more faith in myth and fairy tale” Speaking of boring, this sh*t had absolutely no right to be and yet here we are. This is the most boring book in the history of ever. I don’t get it! The world-building was god awful, half the characters were flat, there was no setup or explanation or exposition of any kind, and yet NOTHING HAPPENS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE BOOK. I got halfway through and thought I was only a fraction of the way in! Nope, just bad writing! HE'S MINE OKAY? Okay. EVERYONE ELSE LOVES RONAN.. why couldn't you let me have my Gansey *cuddles with him*

When a series of tsunamis start worrying Lira, she warns the Midasan queen about it, but she doesn't expect to be trapped under the rubbles of the castle after a massive earthquake hits the city. Language: English Words: 3,509 Chapters: 2/2 Comments: 8 Kudos: 84 Bookmarks: 12 Hits: 1,136 The story of Elian and Lira was pure magic. Two enemies bred in blood, two souls burdened by expectations and invinsible chains, they forged an unwanted alliance, unaware that they would both change in a way they never predicted. There were no flowers and sonnets and love declarations. There were insults, betrayal, lies and deception, that tethered their souls nonetheless. Love didn't make them mushy. It made them strong, and they emerged from their trials better, wiser, more complete. I finished reading this very hyped book—and I wasn’t crippled by disappointment? To quote May: “ omg, lily liking a popular book?? is the world still spinning??” It may have stopped for a second, or two. Lira is a siren known as the 'Prince's Bane' - and she's infamous for killing princes. Yep, that's what she does. She rips out their hearts. Not to mention, she's the daughter of the mighty Sea Queen who is pretty much terrible all around. She's Ursula if Ursula was chewed up and spit out by the devil himself (but still manages to be attractive). Basically she's the reason Lira is the way she is - and her story is actually quite sad. Elian says that the relationship between Kye and Madrid has managed to keep Kye from getting himself in deep trouble. Elian’s Family Amara

Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including: Alexandra Christo es una autora británica cuyos personajes siempre son más divertidos y mucho más mortíferos que ella. Estudió Escritura Creativa en la universidad y se graduó con el deseo de no dejar nunca de dejar volar su imaginación. Actualmente vive en Hertfordshire con un jardín de rápido crecimiento y una pila interminable de libros. Su primera novela To Kill a Kingdom es un éxito de ventas internacional y sus libros de fantasía para jóvenes adultos se han traducido a más de una docena de idiomas en todo el mundo.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment