276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Solo Leveling Vol. 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, this miserable lifestyle changes when Jin-Woo—believing himself to be the only one left to die in a mission gone terribly wrong—awakens in a hospital three days later to find a mysterious screen floating in front of him. This "Quest Log" demands that Jin-Woo completes an unrealistic and intense training program, or face an appropriate penalty. Initially reluctant to comply because of the quest's rigor, Jin-Woo soon finds that it may just transform him into one of the world's most fearsome Hunters. Woo-ri, No (January 10, 2020). 디앤씨미디어, ’나 혼자만 레벨업’, 日 픽코마 2019 웹툰 1위. EToday (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 10, 2020 . Retrieved April 23, 2020. Power fantasy/wish fulfillment LN of a low rank/level character that progressively turns into an OP MC in a non isekai but kind of isekai (ie gamified) world and I honestly really REALLY enjoyed it. I had just come off of finishing the manhwa and couldn't get enough so went straight into the light novel. The system is so susss , wdym 'You have surpassed the allowed amount of information ?? what is it hidinggg . And boy aint human, huh? figures . Waiting for the father and son to reunite <3 Super STOKED for the next volume

It's a mess, but it's fine. With a decent editor and a year of revisions it could make a fine series. I thought I might give it one star, but that would be too harsh. It was actually surprisingly good fiction to read for 20 minutes to put me to sleep during the 6ish weeks I read it consistently for. I could shut my brain off while I was reading it, but it was imaginative enough that it transitioned me into sleep. There were even a couple of parts that I read during the day because I cared about the plot; however, Judging the series as a whole finds so many problems, only some of them mentioned here. I do recommend reading it over listening to the audiobook though. I know some people enjoyed it, but the added sound effects of the narrator took me out of the story, so much so I ended up buying the ebook to read instead, I know some people liked the audiobook version but it wasn't for me, personally. I also do recommend reading the manhwa first as well.

Solo Leveling - Tappytoon". Tappytoon. May 30, 2020. Archived from the original on July 23, 2020 . Retrieved May 30, 2020. Ho-cheol, Seong (April 19, 2020). 일본 사로잡다, 웹툰 '나 혼자만 레벨업' 100만 독자 돌파. The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). Archived from the original on July 23, 2020 . Retrieved April 23, 2020. Solo Leveling, Vol. 4 (novel)". Yen Press. Archived from the original on February 2, 2023 . Retrieved February 2, 2023. Poor world-building, this serves the plot in a way but on the other hand, we don't know much about how people dealt with this catastrophe (the gates) for example, how they started guilds, etc.

In fact, literally every character had no distinguishable trait or personality. They all seemed to exist to be in awe of the great Sung Jin Woo, especially the women. Oh my god. The women were atrocious in this story and had virtually no personality except to blush and look longingly at the MC. One of the more important female characters is literally only identifiable for three things, 1. She's pretty and high-ranked. 2. She has a sensitive nose. 3. She likes the MC. Why does she like the MC? Oh, because he saved her multiple times when she was a helpless damsel and because he doesn't smell bad. Solo Leveling, Vol. 6 (comic)". Yen Press. Archived from the original on September 29, 2022 . Retrieved September 24, 2022. Solo Leveling, Vol. 5 (comic)". Yen Press. Archived from the original on April 5, 2023 . Retrieved July 4, 2022. So wurde beispielsweise als Motivation des Protagonisten anfangs gesagt, dass er die Krankenhausrechnungen seiner Mutter bezahlen muss und einfach keine anderen Talente als das Hunten der Monster in Dungeons hat. So weit, so gut. Allerdings kommt weder die Mutter noch eine Krankenhausrechnung je wieder vor. Die Motivation wird zwar noch einmal erwähnt, aber um glaubwürdig zu sein, wäre doch zumindest ein Besuch bei der Mutter – oder auch nur ein Anruf – vielleicht ganz angebracht gewesen.The story in Solo Leveling could be said to be quite unoriginal and tropey, but regardless I was hooked and went out of control binge-reading it. It took over all my reading attention for about a day and half, and even now I couldn't stop thinking about it. Set in a world where Gates that connect to Dungeons of monsters started appearing, certain powers have awakened in some of the human race to enable them to fight these monsters. The humans who fight monsters are called hunters, who are grouped into raids and divided into roles like tanks, damage dealers, mages and healers. MC who at first was the weakest hunter but obtain cheat gamer ability, like a game continues level up & growing stronger ends up becoming overpowered. basically discrimination because they only focus on MC growth alone, and another S Hunter becomes weak in front of MC.

Having read neither the fan translation nor the original Korean, I unfortunately cannot comment on the quality of the translation. The most I can say is that thankfully, the character’s names are still formatted Jin-Woo, our main character, is considered one of the weakest Hunters. He's a smart boy who cares too much about people and I liked him from the beginning! I can't wait to see him turning into the badass character I know he'll become ✨So I dunno if this is a normal thing in light novels or not, but there were a lot of times in the story that the sound effects (?) were written out in “” and it irritated the crap out of me. This is absolutely not a big complaint, it’s just a small thing because I'd be in the middle of reading dialogue and then all the sudden some weird noise would be there and it was SO disorienting for a moment. Solo Leveling, Vol. 2 (comic)". Yen Press. Archived from the original on April 26, 2021 . Retrieved April 26, 2021.

Solo Leveling, Vol. 8 (novel)". Yen Press. Archived from the original on February 2, 2023 . Retrieved February 2, 2023. That's a pretty minor critique alongside everything else. There were literally no stakes whatsoever in this story because it was pretty obvious Sung Jin Woo was gonna win without any struggle, gaining awe and admiration from the fellow characters. La historia en este primer tomo no nos muestra mucho, dejando más preguntas que respuestas. Sin embargo, nos presenta ya a un Sung muy interesante, valiente a pesar de que todo parece en su contra, y capaz de sacrificarse por el resto de forma incondicional. Así, parece el héroe típico de este tipo de historias, por lo que tocará ver qué nos depara en el futuro de nuestro protagonista.Solo Leveling, Vol. 7 (novel)". Yen Press. Archived from the original on February 2, 2023 . Retrieved February 2, 2023. Special thanks to my Patrons on Patreon for giving me extra support towards my passion for reading and reviewing! Based on what i said this takes 3 stars, but i am pumping it up 1 more star for the fact that i read it all in one sitting, and i am really tempted to read more, but i want to use the energy i got from here to advance in other reading endeavors. a b 나 혼자만 레벨업 7[Level Up Alone (7)]. Naver Book Database (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 20, 2023 . Retrieved May 15, 2023.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment