276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: Revised and Expanded Edition: The breakthrough programme for conquering anxiety, depression, anger and obsessiveness

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Daniel G. Amen, MD, is a clinical neuroscientist, psychiatrist, and brain imaging expert who heads the world-renowned Amen Clinics. The Washington Post called Dr. Amen the most popular psychiatrist in America, and Sharecare named him the web’s #1 most influential expert and advocate on mental health. He is a distinguished fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a nine-time New York Times bestselling author, including Change Your Brain, Change Your Life, Magnificent Mind at Any Age, and Change Your Brain, Change Your Body. He is also an internationally recognized keynote speaker and the star of several very popular public television specials. Genres This book was simply a long promotional advertisement for Dr. Amen's various business ventures. Unlike in other neuroscience books I've read, he almost exclusively cites his own research. His 'case studies' seem to have miraculous turn-arounds on just a few days or weeks. While I think seeing a SPECT scan of your own brain could be motivating to some, I think that is about the most value it provides. As many critics, much more learned than I, have pointed out, nearly all of his expensive diagnostics that aren't covered by insurance can be achieved through other methods. A friend recommended this book to me. I wish I would have looked into the author before I delved in. I could have saved myself a lot of time. Brain injuries obviously can cause trouble – your brain is soft and your skull is hard, you need to protect it. In this summary to Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Dr. Daniel G. Amen, you’ll explore how brain imaging technology can revolutionize your health and wellness game and dive into important principles of brain health and different brain systems. You will also uncover a practical guide to optimizing brain performance and managing mental health conditions through nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress management.

The good Doctor describes the new progress in understanding the parts of the brain itself, and what functions they control. His thesis is noting that some of what humans have viewed as abnormal, weakness of character, etc are actually parts of the brain that aren't functioning in normal range. So sudden outbursts of anger, not connecting or able to "read" others non-verbal language all have a possibility of physical brain problems. He does not go to the point of saying "its not your fault" (or the social equivalent "its society's fault or your parents fault") but that understanding what is going on with the physical processes in the brain may lead to better self control and awareness, without all the guilt, and in some cases better treatment with meds. The diagnoses comes with sending some sort of radioa

How you eat and the kind of professional help you receive can make or break your brain-health improvement journey. Do you have a recommendation for withstanding stress that goes beyond the standard one and that does not involve some proprietary formula? When my son was 7 years old I took him to a place called Sea Life Park in Hawaii. It is a sea animal park. At the end of the day I took Antony to see the Fat Freddy show.

Fund scientific research to improve our understanding of neuroimaging and its application in psychiatric practice. Jobs that involve exposure to environmental toxins, such as painting or furniture polishing, can also be dangerous to brain health. For starters, physical activity can improve your brain’s “ plasticity” – a cerebral quality that affects memory, motor skills, and the ability to learn – according to a study conducted at the University of Adelaide in Australia. A small group of adults in their late 20s and early 30s participated in a 30-minute session of vigorous activity. Immediately after the session, their brains showed a significant increase in neuroplasticity. Dairy products--low-fat cheeses and cottage cheese, low-fat sugar-free yogurt and low-fat or skim milkDONATE NOW With your donation, you will help improve the brain health of someone who may be suffering from Emotional Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, or a wide range of mental health conditions. I was going to give this book 2 stars (or MAYBE 2.5) but eventually I had to call it at 1. Let me explain.

In other words, if you’re not feeling on your toes at work or if you need some inspiration, one of the most effective things you can do is find a cozy corner and grab some rest. Just don’t blame us when your boss doesn’t believe you. 3. MeditatingAfter meditating, your brain is not the same. The most powerful demonstration that this is true was presented in 2011 by Sara Lazar, a researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital (USA). Using magnetic resonance to scan the head of 16 patients, Lazar showed that eight weeks of practicing mindfulness meditation for half an hour a day was enough to increase the density of gray matter in the hippocampus —an area shaped like a seahorse and associated with learning and with stress. The gray matter also increased in brain areas associated with self-awareness, compassion and introspection, while it decreased in the amygdala —an almond-shaped structure with a key role in anxiety and stress. These brain changes may explain why mindfulness meditation, currently in vogue, is highly effective in combating stress. Playing sports Credits: Norwegian University of Science and Technology

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment