276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Long Way Down

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve always loved stories written in verse, so when I heard about this own-voice tale of the struggles that toxic masculinity and systemic racism place upon young black men, I was immediately interested. You know when you haven’t fully grasped the story they way you would have wanted to because you’re reading too fast and you just know that there are underlying gems that you are missing out on, but you can’t stop reading? This hard-hitting tale, based on an award-winning novel in verse by Jason Reynolds, is very much enhanced and accessible in graphic novel format.

From Nobel Laureates Samuel Beckett and Harold Pinter to theatre greats Tom Stoppard and Alan Bennett to rising stars Polly Stenham and Florian Zeller, Faber Drama presents the very best theatre has to offer. Those individuals who came from households and grew up surrounded by gangs, gun violence and grief and who have all been painted with the same brush in the media. I had to read this book for an assignment in my senior year of high school and really enjoyed the book.I haven't charted out my visits for the summer term, but I'm sure there are several in the south) and thanks so much for being so fantastic! Not saying that I don't appreciate it, I certainly do, but personally, I'm not able to enjoy it to the full extent I should. Furthermore, as we travel down with Will, he contemplates his journey, both this one, and those taken by Shawn and others, just like him, obeying the rules.

That said, I still absolutely loved this book and cannot wait to see what Jason Reynolds releases next. As I have already mentioned, this book is a quick read, but the emotional impact it has, is phenomenal.Par exemple si je prenais mon commentaire et que je le détachais en vers, ça donnerait pareil et ça n'a pas toujours grand intérêt. When the elevator finally reaches the ground floor, Will is left with the final decision of whether or not to continue with his plan to seek revenge or to take a different path and help end the cycle of violence.

With classics such as Ted Hughes's The Iron Man and award-winners including Emma Carroll's Letters from the Lighthouse, Faber Children's Books brings you the best in picture books, young reads and classics. Recently named the National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature, Jason has appeared on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Late Night with Seth Meyers, and CBS This Morning. The main idea of Long Way Down is to understand Will's dilemma and rationale for wanting to seek revenge on his brother's killer. They offer their words of wisdom, each taking a turn to show Will the consequences, his future actions could have!Jason's skill at putting words together that grab your heart and head, bringing you into the lives of his characters, kids just trying their best to do what's right and live the way they've been taught, astounds me. It was such a pleasure to meet you both, and I really appreciated how smoothly and professionally you ran everything. We see the conversations that he is having with some certain people that they were in his life at one point, and how they help our character in the taking of the decision. Your selection was perfect for our children and what really made the difference was your ability to engage with each child, discuss their interests and help them to choose a suitable book based on your extensive knowledge of the books you were selling.

Next onto the elevator is the man Will has been waiting for since he was three years old: Mikey Holloman, Will's father. Toxic Masculinity and Vulnerability - Will lives in a society that expects men to be tough, to stifle their feelings and emotions. Faber Members get access to live and online author events and receive regular e-newsletters with book previews, promotional offers, articles and quizzes. Long Way Down is a young adult novel, written in prose, that tells the story of a teenage boy, Will who is seeking revenge for the murder of his older brother. Jason Reynolds is a New York Times bestselling author, a Newbery Award Honoree, a Printz Award Honoree, National Book Award Honoree, a Kirkus Award winner, a two time Walter Dean Myers Award winner, an NAACP Image Award Winner, and the recipient of multiple Coretta Scott King honors.And stray bullets had cut through the playground, and Will had tried to cover her, but she was hit anyway, and so what she wants to know, on that fifth floor elevator stop, is, what if Will, Will with the gun shoved in the back waistband of his jeans, MISSES.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment