276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lonely Beast: 10th Anniversary Edition (The Beast)

£3.49£6.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

His rigorous adventures leads him over land and sea (and underneath the sea) until he finds himself in a great big bustling city, full of crowds of people. As a book by itself, it wasn't one of my favourites, but it lent itself to some great activities and lessons! Moreover, the illustrations portrayed emotion really well which would be interesting to use in PSHE and investigating themes surrounding empathy, perseverance, loneliness, and making friends. For example it often portrays an adventure or a character being lost because of this it is extremely useful to use when looking at verbs in both their present and past form.

The people give into their curiosity and slowly come back and connect with this big, black, gentle giant. Beginning with an engaging question, the story follows a beast who has never seen anyone like him before as there is only one beast in each country. This beast is not scary and a fun way to show kids a little bit of a journey of the world We laughed. Not sure about the concept that the beast must find other beasts to be friendly with - could the people he met not be his friends?As he begins to feel lonely he decides to go on a journey to find others that he can be friends with. This particular kind of beast I am talking about is extremely rare - in fact there is only one in each country of the world and you know what? This is the wonderful tale of a lonely beast, whose determination to overcome his isolation leads him to undertake a daring and dangerous quest to find others like him .

He comes to the realization that he misses his garden and his home turf so much and finally comes to the realization that that is where he belongs. The Lonely Beast by Chris Judge is great book to use within KS1 to discuss 'fitting in' or to be used whilst covering a journeys topic alongside our supporting Twinkl worksheets, activities and games. We had a look at the Beast, describing him, trying to find out what he is like, what he is doing, where he had come from. After a series of English lessons linked to this topic, I think this book was absolutely perfect for improving children's Literacy skills. This is the tale of one such Beast, whose determination to overcome his loneliness leads him to undertake a daring and dangerous quest to find others like him .The Lonely Beast’ is a great book to encourage KS1 children to enjoy books whilst developing their curriculum grammar abilities. Just when he thinks all his hard work has been in vain he finds out that it has all been worthwhile. Combining the key messages of overcoming obstacles and never giving up, the story encourages KS1 grammar with constant noun phrases, lists and use of the past tense.

When he arrives home he discovers a surprise party waiting for him full of other beasts who had also been feeling lonely. Although the plot is not one of my favourites, I liked the obstacles that the beast had to overcome, the symmetry of the book as he travels from and back to his home, the moral, and of course, the colourful illustrations are a great strength. It is a bit long for a regular storytime, at least for the age I do storytime for which is baby, toddler and preschool.He immediately starts tending to the park like it was his very own garden and he soon becomes a tourist attraction drawing in many, many visitors. When you read the book, you know that he is trying to find friends, but taken out of context it looks more sinister.

Thanks to the local school this story has a wider back story for us - did the lonely beast travel through our small village at some point on his travels? However, I would recommend this for early elementary quickly as it has a simple storytime and is great for practicing empathy.They are unaware that others exist so they spend their time in solitaire tending to their gardens, drinking tea (alone), reading books (I particularly like that), experiencing the elements around them and enjoying the fruit (cakes, pies, cupcakes etc. I like the message here: we might not always be able to see the fruit (or point) of our labours straight away.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment