276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Octopus Shocktopus!

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A massive thank you to all the children who voted and to the Federation organisers – knowing that this award has been chosen by children themselves makes it truly special. I love this book because I love the part when the octopus saved Grace's teddy from down the loo as from then on it smelled of poo which made me laugh. From a fishing and kite-flying octopus to the single baking squid, this book will encourage you to cast aside any worries and participate in five minutes of shared, carefree reading. It was nice to laugh and giggle with Erin at what happens in the book without there being a serious message behind it.

Also, the pictures throughout the story can help students understand and feel more connected with the story that way as well!Ik vond het zo zoet om te zien hoe iedereen vrienden was met de octopus en ik genoot ook om te zien wat de octopus zoals deed op de dag. The rhyming text is perfect for reading aloud, illustrations are a delight, and the idea of an octopus on top of a house is quite humorous. It’s both a cosy and silly read, perfect for bedtime and any other time of the day when a story is needed. Echt een aanrader als je zin hebt in een absurd grappig boek met natuurlijk ook een goede boodschap over niet beoordelen van een vreemdeling (in dit geval een octopus).

This story was a little bit longer than the previous book so at times she struggled with her attention.The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It is owned and coordinated by the Federation of Children’s Book Groups and is highly respected by teachers, parents and librarians.

The book is filled with lovely messages on accepting others, celebrating differences and friendship.I came across this book during world book day, and it sparked different conversations in the class I was teaching about what they would do with the octopus if it were to live on top of their house. But the octopus proves very handy indeed, making a perfect slide, helping out with some painting, and even rescuing a cat stuck in a tree. Bon, bien sur, c'est un peu invraisemblable de voir ces gastéropodes hors de l'eau, mais bon, c'est la magie des histoires jeunesse. The octopus rescues a teddy that gets stuck down the loo, it can play football, provide washing lines and then be a beautiful Christmas Octopus with lights. Non seulement les personnages et les lieux sont visuellement très beaux, les divers plans du poulpe en train de faire des tâches et activités sont adorables.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment