276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Janome 219S Sewing Machine - Just Released

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Two dials (selector/zig zag width, length) means the Janome 219s is so much more versatile than similarly priced single dial models. Darning Plate One notable feature of the Janome 219-S is its 4-step buttonholer, which simplifies the process of creating buttonholes. With this feature, you can easily create professional-looking buttonholes with minimal effort.

The Janome 219-S is an affordable entry-level, mechanical sewing machine that’s aimed at first-time stitchers, or sewists who are looking for a reliable machine to handle basic alterations, dressmaking and the odd home sewing project, from quilts to roman blinds.If you’re looking to make or fix clothes, the removable storage compartment slides away easily for free arm sewing, making it do basic dressmaking jobs like sewing trouser hems, sleeve cuffs or other smaller, tubular projects The 4 step buttonhole foot means fast and neat buttonholes. The detachable storage box converts the flat bed into a convenient free arm and allows easy access to difficult areas like sleeves and trouser legs. The Janome 219s has a 4 step buttonhole, darning plate for free hand embroidery sewing, adjustable stitch length and zig zag width and the free arm is suitable for trouser legs, shirt sleeves etc. Adjustable Length & Zig Zag Width The Janome 219S sewing machine is great for beginner sewists staring out on their sewing journey. Featuring 14 stitches, 4 step buttonhole, variable stitch length and a number of included accessories, this machine is a great introduction to dressmaking, alterations and other simple sewing tasks. Janome 219-S Sewing Machine Features and Benefits

Weighing in 5.4kg, this machine is one of the lightest beginner machines of it’s type on the market. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to carry it to my friend’s house for a sewing night. I found it simple to remove the table to sew a waistband on to a skirt I was making. I also tried out the blind hem stitch to take up a pair of jeans – it was really straightforward to switch the presser foot and the stitch was easy to use. It has enough stitch options to offer you a range of initial uses, from inserting button holes to sewing blind hems, machine appliqué and quilting, but with a very simple-to-use design and a pared down range of functions that won’t overwhelm. This mechanical sewing machine is made for beginners, and it shows. It easily passed our test for how easy it was to set up for beginners.

Janome 219-S is it easy to use?

For those who like to express their creativity with free hand embroidery. Fit the darning plate leaving you in full control. Or use traditionally for darning. Free Arm/Flat Bed We had to play around about with the thread tension to match the fabric a bit, so would have found it useful to see a stitch tension guide for different fabrics for beginners in the manual, but this isn’t an exclusive issue for this machine – it’s all part of the sewing process and we soon worked out which thread tensions worked best for which fabric. It has a front-loading bobbin which is easy to remove, wind and load, and you can thread the top thread easily following the step by step instructions in the manual. The bobbin winder automatically finishes for you when your bobbin is full.

In terms of stitch variety, the Janome 219-S doesn't disappoint. It includes a range of stitches, including stretch and overcast stitches. These stitches are useful for different types of fabrics and sewing techniques, allowing you to achieve professional results.The needle itself is easy to change by unscrewing the needle clamp screw and removing the current needle, then inserting the new one and tightening. This makes easy work of switching to the right needle to suit your fabric. But, you may also consider adding other quilt-specific presser feet such as an applique foot for those intricate quilts. You might want to learn how to free motion quilt and a darning foot is perfect for that! Or, if you’re looking to quilt straight lines that are evenly spaced, a long quilting bar guide is perfect for you! The Janome 219S sewing machine is great for beginner sewists staring out on their sewing journey. Featuring 14 stitches, 4 step buttonhole, variable stitch length and a number of included accessories, this machine is a great introduction to dressmaking, alterations and other simple sewing tasks. Features and Benefits More advanced machines will offer a wider range of stitch options but these are more than enough for most dressmaking and quilting needs. How portable is the Janome 219-S? When you buy the Janome 219S sewing machine from Sew Essential, you are covered by our comprehensive 2 year warranty.

The 219s is lightweight with a front-loading bobbin case and a convertible free arm for circular sewing. Janome 219-S is a lightweight machine making it easier to transport, plus with a front-loading bobbin case. It's an ideal starter machine as it's easy to use.The Janome 219s is a lightweight free arm machine with 14 stitch selections and front loading bobbin which provides the necessities for basic sewing. I tried out the zig zag stitch to sew appliqué some cotton flowers on to a daughter’s dress. and it made light weight of machine appliqué – it was actually so good it’s converted me a bit to appliqué (after my previous attempts at hand appliqué had mixed results).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment