276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Am Ozzy

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It saddened me towards the end of the book, published originally in 2009, when he mentioned that “they thought I had Parkinson’s” and the news in more recent years has broke that this the case. I was wrong. This book is phenomenal. It is everything an autobiography should be. Ozzy starts from childhood and goes straight up to the writing of his memoirs. He leaves no detail out. It is one amazing ride. That Ozzy has lived to 64 years old is nothing short of miraculous, and he knows it. He's done just about everything possible to get himself killed. Abgesehen von seiner eh schon wahnsinnig spannenden Dramaturgie des Lebens ist der sprachliche Stil des Buches zwar gut geschrieben aber voller Slangwörter, was ich mit einem normalen Wörterbuch in der Hand gar nicht geschafft hätte. Dank Leo-Online's Slangwörterbuch weiss ich jetzt so viele dirty words, dass meine Englischlehrerin in der Klosterschule (Schwester Marie-Agnes) wahrscheinlich der Schlag getroffen hätte. Aber ich habe viel gelernt und könnt nun schon in einem Pub in der Nähe von Birmingham diese ca. 20 Vokablen für unterschiedliche Schlägereien, bumsen, Beschimpfungen von Männern, Prostituierte.... (wohl gemerkt für jedes einzelne Wort) anbringen und somit auch vielleicht einen kleinen Eklat ala Ozzy Ozzbourne auslösen.

I Am Ozzy - Wikipedia

One quote that I resonate with is ‘Where words fail, music speaks.’ That’s from my favorite music artist, Kanye West. I think this book would be of great help for people who might start doing drugs or going into alcoholism because it shows how bad things can get when you stop getting control and drugs do. This probably is the funniest autobiography out there. I literally burst out laughing several times. Once I was at work, reading and couldn’t stop laughing, I even had tears in my eyes from so much laughter… Everyone was staring at me… but who cares, it was a hell of an experience! I think they had this idea in their heads that when I wasn’t being arrested for public intoxication, I went to a cave and hung upside down, drinking snakes’ blood. But I’m like Coco the Clown, me: at the end of the day, I come home, take off my greasepaint and my big red nose, and become Dad.

Autobiographies of famous people might be more of a self-help book than a simple account of someone’s life. There are times in our lives when we lose our focus and feel overwhelmed in life. Getting inspired by real-life stories from some of the best autobiographies can really motivate us. During World War II, Anne Frank was a teenage Jewish girl who wrote a diary while her family hid from the Nazis. The Diary of a Young Girl is one of the best autobiographies of all time. Christie was a private person who rarely spoke to the media, never did interviews, and even disappeared for some time. Despite this, she had a long and successful career as a writer. Ozzy: “We used to rehearse across the road from a movie theatre, and Tony said one day, ‘Isn’t it weird how people pay money to get scared shitless in a movie theatre? Why don’t we start writing scary music?’ Our vibe kind of came from that, as I remember it.”

Ozzy: the teenage model who is taking over the world Ozzy: the teenage model who is taking over the world

My love of both reading & music is quite varied from each end of the spectrum and pretty much everything in between! In my opinion, If an author or musician can make me feel any emotion enough to KEEP ME listening/READING, then they are a genius! A Movable Feastis one of Ernest Hemingway’s best-known works of fiction. Mary Hemingway, the author’s widow, published the memoir after her husband’s death in the 1950s, based on entries from Hemingway’s diaries from the 1920s. Additionally, it was made available to all German troops serving in the field throughout World War II. Mein Kampf had sold more than 10 million copies in Germany by the end of World War II and translated them into 11 languages. As a long time fan of Ozzy, I was excited to find he had written an autobiography. Even if I've stopped following his recent activity, his music has been a constant in my life for at least thirty years. So I decided to read this book. I'd already heard so many of the stories, and remembered a lot of them from the news. So I didn't expect too much. The horror when he wakes up in jail not knowing why he is there and is told he tried to kill Sharon.Author Stephen King’s childhood and early focus on writing to tell stories are recounted in On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft‘s first chapter in one of his top autobiographies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment