276°
Posted 20 hours ago

EXCLUSIVE ONLINE RING PULL SMOKE GRENADES Pack of 4 Colors (2 Red, Yellow and Orange)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Pyro flares - these are ideal to let off at events but have been banned from British football stadiums and grounds as they could be dangerous. Use pyro flares with caution and don’t take them to music festivals. You can find pyro hand flares to carry the light around with you. Smoke bombs burn with an internal flame so can be dangerous if pointed at people or clothing. For this reason, they lend best to couple shots and with small groups of people (e.g. your wedding party; bridesmaids/ushers etc.). Using them with bigger groups is possible, but only with careful planning as the more people involved the bigger the safety concern. Inserta firework fuse. Push pieces of cotton balls into the hole to tamp the fuse securely inside the smoke bomb. Make sure to have a long enough fuse outside of the tube to light your smoke bomb. Note: While you’ll get the best results by cooking the potassium nitrate and sugar mixture, it isn’t strictly necessary. Another option is to mix potassium nitrate, sugar, baking soda, and organic dye with just enough water to hold the mixture together. Keep in mind, the mixture needs to dry before adding the fuse and taping up the smoke bomb, or else it won’t burn.

Moldoveanu, S.C. (November 1998). Analytical Pyrolysis of Natural Organic Polymers. Elsevier. ISBN 9780444822031. I advise getting the 90 second flares to give maximum time for your photographer to capture (60 seconds as a minumum). Coloured smoke grenades/flares/bombs are such a cool way to add fun and something different to your pictures. And because I’ve photographed a few weddings with them now, lots of my couples ask me for advice. So, I thought I’d share my top tips for incorporating them into your day. The key to getting vibrant colored smoke is using the proper dye. Google “colored smoke dye” to find reputable online sources of the dyes. Some people use colored wax crayons (oil pastels) as a readily available dye source. These will work, but the color they produce may not be as vivid as if you used the pure dyes. Also, melting pastel crayons may produce fumes. Don’t bother trying water-based dyes (like food coloring) because they simply won’t work. Colored smoke is vaporized dye. It isn’t a result of burning the pigment! It’s easy to make a homemade colored smoke bomb. Like the classic smoke bomb recipe, a colored smoke bomb produces purple flames and lots of smoke. But, including the right dye produces billowing colored smoke. Colored Smoke Bomb MaterialsYou’ll need an open space with not too many obstructions and good ventilation, you can’t use them indoors. Add three large spoonfuls (3 tablespoons) of powdered organic dye. Blue dye and orange dye tend to work better than other colors. Also, you can mix colors. Stir to mix well. Use WHITE if staining is a concern. Must be used on a non-flammable surface such as aluminium pie trays etc. Our colour smokes are compatible with each others, so you can burn the smokes side by side (in a trail) having a colour change effect or mix them together to create your own custom colour.

Cardboard tube (best is an iced push-pop tube (eat the treat first), or you could use a toilet paper roll or section of paper towel tube, or rolled paper tube) Consider the physics and geometry of the smoke bomb to get the best effect. The reason you wrap the paper or cardboard tube with duct tape is so enough pressure builds up in the device to push out colored smoke, but not too much pressure builds up to split the smoke bomb open. At the same time, you want a smoke bomb to break if pressure gets too great (for safety). Mix 60 g potassium nitrate with 40 g sugar in a saucepan over low heat. It’s a 3:2 ratio, so if you don’t have grams, use three large spoonfuls of potassium nitrate and two large spoonfuls of sugar (3 tablespoons potassium nitrate to 2 tablespoons sugar).Whilst you can buy these from lots of different places, there are lots of cheap versions that are not always safe and reliable. Without sounding like a bore these grenades burn with an internal flame so we do need to keep safety in mind. Some of the cheaper foreign brands have been known to be unpredictable and even injure people through heat or explosions. This is not a risk I’m happy with you taking so I’d really only be comfortable with you using one brand. Stir in a spoonful of baking soda (a rounded teaspoon is fine).Baking soda slows down the combustion when the smoke bomb is ignited, producing more smoke and helping it to last longer. As the sugar melts, the mixture carmelizes and turns brown. Stir the mixture continuously until it resembles smooth peanut butter.

Dark Grey is best for burning buildings for film/sfx work. All smokes can be crushed and used in smoke cups etc. We suggest you light with a small propane jet lighter. Push a pen or pencil down into the center of the cylinder just far enough that the pen stands in the mixture. This makes a space for a fuse. Each grenade lasts between approx. 60 & 90 seconds. You’ll need one or two for testing so that you and your photographer can have a play with wind direction and light to find what works well. And then it’s as simple as working out how many different shots you want, and how many grenades you’d like to appear in each photo (depends on who’s holding them). It’s also a good idea to buy some spares incase any misfire, or you need a little more time to get a shot right, it could take a few attempts especially if the wind is involved. On a similar vein, you should also know that photographers are not generally insured to take any liability for smoke bomb related activities (I know I’m not). So, if anyone or anything were to be hurt or damaged during the shoot, I (or they if you are using another photographer) would not be able to accept any liability. F3 or Category 3 fireworks are powerful, these will be the loudest fireworks, creating the biggest bursts in the sky. For these, the safety distance is about 25m or 80ftHand held flares - flares you can hold in your hand will make you seen in dark places and make Bonfire night more exciting. Buy hand flares for long-lasting bright colours F2 or Category 2 fireworks are fireworks that can be used safely in a garden that is 5 – 8m or 16ft to 25ft SECOND WHITE OR ORANGE Small volume smoke, great for indoor use in SFX, props etc. Size: 20mm plus 15mm base (total 35mm) x 14mm OD. I’m not wanting to be a killjoy (I do love a smoke bomb shot) but there are some risks and a few key points that you must be aware of, and comfortable with, before you decide to use them on your wedding day. Fill a cardboard tube with the warm smoke bomb mixture. Alternatively, fold a sheet of paper in half, place the mixture in line down the center, and roll the paper up to make a tube.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment