276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sunday Suppers: Recipes + Gatherings: Recipes + Gatherings: A Cookbook

£14£28.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mordechai offers a chic and stylish cookbook of 100 recipes with a focus on get-togethers and intimate gatherings. Mordechai’s style is casual, simple yet sophisticated... Complete soup-to-nuts, predesigned menus inspire a breakfast-in-bed menu of rich cream biscuits, perfect scrambled eggs, and fresh greens or a hearty winter brunch of homemade bagels, tea and ginger-cured sea bass, warm citrus salad, and fig tart with honey... Mordechai’s light-filled photographs mirror her calm, peaceful mood as well as her belief in a slow-paced approach to sharing food with friends and family through recipes that are informal, fun, and consistently elegant.”

Karen Mordechai offers a gentle reminder to slow down and enjoy preparing simple meals to share with loved ones. You won’t find trendy, complicated recipes in Sunday Suppers—her focus is on gathering around a communal table where good food leads to good conversation. From brunch to picnics to birthdays, Karen provides wholesome recipes that will nourish body and soul.” They say we eat with our eyes first. It's certainly true of Karen Mordechai's tome which serves up readers a sumptuous feast for the soul! Sunday Suppers is a beautiful meditation on the satisfactionof gathering - good food, friends and family, community - and sharing in the powerful experience of cooking and eating together.” |MELISSA HAMILTON AND CHRISTOPHER HIRSHEIMER, AUTHORS OF CANAL HOUSE COOKING Our first Cookbook entitled Sunday Suppers Recipes + Gatherings (Clarkson Potter, October 2014)has received wide acclaim globally and was voted by the NY Times as a top cookbook of the year. It is a collection of gatherings and recipes for small groups of 4-6, with the hope to inspire the art of community. It is available for sale here. Karen Mordechai offers a gentle reminder to slow down and enjoy preparing simple meals to share with loved ones. You won’t find trendy, complicated recipes in Sunday Suppers - her focus is on gathering around a communal table where good food leads to good conversation. From brunch to picnics to birthdays, Karen provides wholesome recipes that will nourish body and soul.” |NATHAN WILLIAMS, FOUNDING EDITOR OF KINFOLK

Edit: Did you know you can marinate cheese? That you could serve mixed root vegetable chips at a child's birthday party? Finally, I now know I can make my pastries even more decadent by brushing my baking molds with beeswax. Mmmhmmm.... Sunday Suppers is a beautiful meditation on the satisfaction of gathering—good food, friends and family, community—and sharing in the powerful experience of cooking and eating together.” Throughout there are "Set the Scene" sections in the menus that discuss some ideas for table settings and additional foods you could add.

There is a wonderful section after each menu called "Set the Scene" where the author adds personal notes, and offers advice on how to set the scene for your special dinner.

Karen Mordechai, founder and photographer started Sunday Suppers in her home eight years ago as an opportunity to bring together good friends + food. Sunday Suppers is a beautiful cookbook from the simple gray cloth cover to the beautiful photographs within. The recipes are sophisticated and look delicious. The recipes are more for the city dweller with ingredients that may not be readily available in all areas of the country. Sunday Suppers gives you recipes for Morning, Lunch and Supper. The recipes can be used for dinner parties or intimate gatherings. Each section containing menus has 8-13 different menus with differing serving amounts. Most menus contains a main dish, side dish, and a dessert or bread. In each section there are tips for setting the scene of your get together, tips for making your menu more successful, variations on the recipes included, and short interviews with cookbook authors about their favorite Sunday suppers.

For those who yearn to connect around the table, Karen’s simple, seasonally-driven recipes, evocative photography, and understated styling form a roadmap to creating community in their own kitchens and in offbeat locations. This collection of gatherings will inspire a sense of adventure and community for both the novice or experienced cook alike. Sunday Suppers started eight years ago in our home. A few friends gathered at our apartment. We cooked and dined and made a toast. From there our dinners have evolved and we have grown into a beautiful new space, our community has expanded beyond our expectations. The concept however centers on simplicity and a love of food. Southern Living will help you revitalize the tradition of Sunday supper in this new book by award-winning author Cynthia Graubart. Rediscover the art of cooking and eating communally with a beautiful, simple collection of meals for friends and family.Sunday Suppers is that recipe book. The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous cover - elegant, simple, and eye-catching. You can tell just by looking at Sunday Suppers that it is made from high quality materials and a lot of love and thought was put into making it. The photos inside are amazing and the food is very well photographed. I even mentioned to John that I need to take notes from the photography (angles and lighting) in this book for when I photograph food! The feel I get while looking through this book is one of community and closeness. I love sitting down for family dinners. The recipes in Sunday Suppers both look and sound delicious, not to mention I can actually see myself making them. Karen breaks the recipes down into four main categories -- morning, noon, afternoon, and evening. You have meals for any time of the day, and realistically any day of the week!

For the full review, visit my blog Home Crafts by Ali here: http://www.homecraftsbyali.com/2018/0...Mordechai offers a chic and stylish cookbook of 100 recipes with a focus on get-togethers and intimate gatherings. Mordechai’s style is casual, simple yet sophisticated… Complete soup-to-nuts, predesigned menus inspire a breakfast-in-bed menu of rich cream biscuits, perfect scrambled eggs, and fresh greens or a hearty winter brunch of homemade bagels, tea and ginger-cured sea bass, warm citrus salad, and fig tart with honey… Mordechai’s light-filled photographs mirror her calm, peaceful mood as well as her belief in a slow-paced approach to sharing food with friends and family through recipes that are informal, fun, and consistently elegant.” Whether you are cooking for a big group or your immediate family, this cookbook has what you are looking for. Don't skip over the Introduction of the book, it has some great information on planning your meals, substitutions in recipes, and my favorite part "How To Time A Menu" with an example of timing from starting meal prep to serving your tasty supper. Through shared meals and the act of cooking communally we celebrate the traditions of food and gathering. The food is seasonally focused market fresh. We work with local artisans and crafters to create monthly dinners in our space - for more details on upcoming events please visit our shop.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment