276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mod Podge CS11218 8 oz Fabric Embellishment

£21.165£42.33Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Let’s bring the fact to you. Well, it’s the surface you’re using and the finish it offers that make the difference. A regular mod-podge has a formula that can bind two things when applied to wood, glass, paper, plastic, or metal. Moreover, it doesn’t even ward off fraying. Press it down towards the edges, gently and evenly, using the tips of your fingers all over the fabric. Another important step in preparing the fabric for Mod Podge is to iron out any wrinkles. Wrinkles can affect the overall finish and adherence of the Mod Podge to the fabric. By ironing the fabric, you will create a smooth surface that allows for a better application.

If your fabric is rough, you’ll first need to smooth it down. For that, it’s best to use a brayer. For the inner corners, you can work with a squeegee.

Customer reviews

The JTS added two screws to the top of the cabinet so it would not come open. Now it's just a tabletop or desk top instead of an opening for the sewing machine.

Since I like to keep all of you happy, here are over 20 ways to use this amazing formula! A lot of people think it’s only for attaching fabric to fabric, but you can do so much more with it. Mod Podge is a versatile crafting adhesive that is commonly used to adhere paper and fabric to various surfaces. If you have recently used Mod Podge on fabric for a creative project, you might be wondering how to properly care for it to ensure its longevity. It is important to avoid any excessive moisture or washing during the curing process to allow the Mod Podge to fully set. Iron on Low HeatIt is recommended to place your project on a flat surface and avoid touching or moving it during the drying process to prevent any smudging or uneven drying. Cure Time Step 6 ~ Now you are ready to apply the fabric that will go on the OUTSIDE of the bowl. Apply it in the same way as the first fabric. But this time the fabric will go with the RIGHT side UP.

Mod Podge is a versatile crafting medium that can be used on various surfaces, including fabric. Whether you want to add a decorative touch to a fabric item or create a durable seal, Mod Podge can be a great option. However, it’s important to follow a few key steps to ensure the best results. Work in Thin CoatsThis is because fabric has sizing in it and sometimes it can cause dark blotches. It doesn’t always do that, but sometimes it does. Removing the sizing doesn’t always solve the issue, but it really helps. Paper, wood, fabric, glass, ceramic, terra cotta, tin . . . and even some plastics. If it doesn’t get up and walk, there is someone that has tried to Mod Podge it! I’m so glad you made it here! There are lots of dubious homemade mod podge recipes out there but this is the one that is perfectly proportioned! The one handed down from crafting whizz to crafting whizz, and now here it is, in your very hands! I first posted this recipe many moons ago (six years ago!) when I was living in London. These days we live in a yurt in New Zealand (seriously!) and I still use this homemade mod podge recipe every single day. I use this homemade mod podge on DIY projects like relining my drawers with beautiful old wall paper, everyday crafts with my daughters and the collage artworks I love to whip up. Alternately, you may apply Mod Podge® to the area and let it dry completely (to speed up drying, you may use a hairdryer set on low). Then place the Napkin onto the surface in the desired position. Cover the Napkin with a piece of parchment paper and iron (on the cotton setting) to adhere the Napkin to the surface. Allow the parchment paper to cool and then remove. The Mod Podge® will melt and adhere the image to the surface. The advantage of this technique is that you can move the image until you iron it down. Also, the Napkin will not tear or show bubbles, and it will be completely flat like the surface it is on. Again, finish with a coat of Mod Podge® on top. Your project will be a little tender at this point, so be careful when handling. But do not be alarmed – it will fully dry to its original state. Can I use this formula in place of sewing?

Once your fabric is completely dry to the touch, it is important to allow it to cure for an additional period of time. The curing time for Mod Podge on fabric is approximately 28 days. During this period, the Mod Podge will continue to harden and bond with the fabric, ensuring a strong and durable finish. The top was really rough where the veneer was removed. I used the electric sander to smooth it out. You can see all the dust from the sanding on the top edges. Now the top is ready for the fabric and Mod Podge. fabric scraps ~ You won’t need much; if you don’t have any, then fat quarters would be perfect for this project. For you newbies, I did want to provide some basic information about Mod Podge – what it is and what it can do. You experts might want a refresher too. I’ll leave that up to you! What is Mod Podge?What do you think? Are you a Mod Podge Die Hard? Or are you generally happy with the fake/ home made versions of things? Remember, proper preparation of the fabric is essential for a successful Mod Podge project. By washing and drying the fabric and ironing out wrinkles, you will ensure a smooth and clean surface for the Mod Podge to adhere to. Now you can move on to the exciting part of creating your masterpiece! Applying Mod Podge to Fabric What young girl wouldn’t love this desk and chair? You could also use Mod Podge Glitter to add a little sparkle. More Mod Podge Projects Keep in mind that this is sort of an experience. Since I had never tried to make a fabric bowl, I had no idea how it would turn out.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment