276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revelation (The Shardlake series, 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tal vez sea porque me ha pillado una mala época, primero vacaciones y luego estuve enfermo, pero lo cierto es que no terminé de disfrutar esta novela como las anteriores. Quiero decir, gustarme me ha gustado, pero no ha llegado al punto de enganche de no retorno en el cual solo quieres leer y leer. Romanttinen vakoojatarina A review of Finnish translated Winter in Madrid, by Jari Olavi Hiltunen, in Opettaja 21 May 2010

Dissolution by C. J. Sansom - Pan Macmillan Dissolution by C. J. Sansom - Pan Macmillan

La trama nos sitúa de nuevo bajo el POV de Matthew Shardlake, abogado con escrúpulos del colegio de Lincoln en el convulso Londres del siglo XVI. Ha pasado algo más de un año desde su última aventuras, gracias a las cuales Matthew se ganó el favor de gente importante y un buen puesto de trabajo. Pero una vez más la tranquilidad será efímera en su modo de vida, un gran amigo suyo resulta asesinado de una forma ritual bastante desagradable, y por lo visto no es el único asesinato de ese estilo. La política/religión del momento volverán a estar en el punto de mira de la trama principal y debido al sentido de justicia de nuestro protagonista, se verá inmerso de nuevo en una aventura que podría costarle la vida tanto a él como a sus seres más cercanos.One of lawyer Matthew Shardlake’s closest friends has been murdered and his body publicly displayed. Brought before Archbishop Cramer, Matthew learns this is not the first such killing. A serial killer is using versus in the Book of Revelations to carry out his killings. In volume 4 of the series, Shardlake has found some contentment in his job as Sergeant, senior lawyer, at the court dealing with law cases affecting ordinary people. But the violent death of someone close to him draws him into another murder investigation, and also drags him into the religious and political conflicts of the declining years of Henry VIII's reign.

C. J. Sansom - Wikipedia C. J. Sansom - Wikipedia

Hardyment, Christina (28 March 2008). "Revelation". The Sunday Times . Retrieved 19 September 2010. Dissolution was adapted in 10 episodes for BBC Radio 4 in September 2012, and Revelation in March 2017. Intriga histórica de 10, cómo nos tiene acostumbrados. Ambientación excepcional en los últimos años del reinado de Enrique VIII, 1543. El rey parece que está dando sus últimos coletazos, a nivel personal cortejando a la que será su sexta esposa, Catalina Parr y a nivel político religioso intentando limitar la proliferación del protestantismo radical y volviendo en cierta medida a los usos católicos tradicionales, una vez desligado de Roma y con las riquezas de la iglesia en la buchaca.With this installment in the Matthew Shardlake series, I think I can safely say that CJ Sansom has taken his place as my second favorite modern author (Sharon Kay Penman being my favorite). I have given this book some time to swirl around in my mind since I finished it, and I'm still not sure that I can do it justice. The second mystery involves Shardlake's young client Adam, a boy who used to be cheerful, strong, and healthy, who has turned to obsessive prayer and tuned out the rest of the world. He's been committed to Bedlam, in part because what he's doing is crazy, but also to protect him from religious persecution. Public displays of heretical thought lead to burning at the stake. Sansom provides a look at the infamous Bethlehem Hospital, giving his readers another taste of life in Tudor England. En este ambiente nuestro abogado Shardlake se enfrenta a una serie de brutales asesinatos con un fuerte tinte religioso en una sociedad fuertemente tensionada y dividida entre las distintas tendencias religiosas, cada vez más polarizadas. Shardlake takes on a case with political & religious connotations afoot which align to professional suicide so all warn him...... then the murders start! Are they linked.....? And then the guessing game begins

Revelation (Sansom novel) - Wikipedia

For Shardlake, the sedative angle is a useful lead. He approaches the Assistant Coroner of London who confirms his suspicions and assists with the case. The trail leads them to Westminster Abbey. Physicians with knowledge of sedatives trained and worked here. However, the lead proves a dead end, and time is running out. Shardlake and the others assume that the killer must be extremely cunning, powerful, and skilled, but they are wrong. The other great appeal of these books, apart from the cast of regular characters, is the richness of Sansom's historical research. He has a doctorate in history and a previous career as a lawyer, but wears his considerable expertise lightly. He also achieves the rare alchemy of combining characters who are sympathetically modern in their psychology with a setting that is authentically historical. He leads us through 16th-century London as confidently as if he lived there himself and even without the helpful endpaper maps, the reader can immediately visualise the muddy streets, the marshes along the South Bank and the ancient City walls. C. J. Sansom's bestselling adventures of Matthew Shardlake continue in the fourth title of the series, the haunting Revelation.

Archbishop Cranmer asks Shardlake to conduct a secret investigation: no word of the bloodshed must reach the King as one of the dead men was close to Catherine Parr, Henry’s latest romantic obsession and (like Cranmer) a supporter of religious reform.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment