276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Acrylic Turntable Mat - GreenLit - LP Slipmat

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Expensive mats are largely a waste of time, just another high-margin doodad to spend money on really. Simply placing one of these disc-shaped mats between your platter and the vinyl can make a big difference. Acrylic Turntable Mats: This turns out to be a surprise to us that some owners will like to have an acrylic turntable mat. Money is not a matter of concern for some audiophiles, and on the other hand, some might have budget constraints.

Best Turntable Mat [A Top 5 Review] - Record Player Pro The Best Turntable Mat [A Top 5 Review] - Record Player Pro

Another benefit of rubber turntable mats is that they help to reduce slippage, so they’ll hold your record in place. While it may sound simple, a turntable mat provides many benefits like balancing your vinyl, reducing friction, recording protection, and enhancing sound quality. Not only does it have natural anti-static properties, but it also reduces the noise floor and improves the high-end bass of your record collection. Then a year ago I decided to try the Hudson Acrylic mat since it was on sale, am I glad I bought that mat, the surface noise is all but gone, the records have a more accurate warmth to them, and the lows are much better, and the highs are clearer, and the mid range and vocals seem more detailed.After reading this forum and many others, I picked up the Hudson acrylic mat and it cleared up the static issue completely.

Winyl 12 W-Mat Acrylic Hi-Fi Turntable Platter Mat (single

The acrylic platter comes standard on the RT85 Turntable however you can upgrade any Reference Turntable with an acrylic platter at any time. Belt-drive, direct-drive, brass or aluminum materials, and even the weight of the platter itself all contribute to the sound you’ll get.Other factors can include humidity, room temperature, dust, and proper covering and storage of your collection when not in use. Leather turntable mats are sometimes favoured because they do not trap dust as well as not producing static at all. The Pro-Ject leather mat is a great choice for around 50 dollars, but the Atrafen deer hide turntable mat, for about 10 bucks less (get it? To help you pick the best option for your personal taste, we’ve compiled a list of the best turntable mats available. But when you have the right gear, the Thorens leather record mat is amazing, with not just obvious and marked improvements in bass extension, energy and control, midrange palpability, treble extension, ease and tonal beauty, and an extraordinary opening up and clarifying of the soundstage, but with an indescribable… well, again the only word I can think of is magic.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment