276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Defy Me: TikTok Made Me Buy It! The most addictive YA fantasy series of the year (Shatter Me)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Years of practice have taught me to bury my emotions as a reflex – especially in his presence – and it takes a few seconds for the feelings to emerge.

Emmaline is so strong mentally that Evie and Max could never find a serum that would work on her mind to erase them out of it. PRAISE FOR Defy Me : "Written with precision and a sense of urgency, each chapter a strobe light-like moment in the lives of the teens trying to save their world.

I first read the Shatter Me series (when it was still a trilogy) a few years ago, at the end of 2015/beginning of 2016.

And even though in here it all tied up nicely for a change I still have quite a lot of mixed feelings about it all. The group is taken to their quarters, and Ella and Aaron have a lovely time together, and Aaron proposes to Ella, despite warnings from Kenji that he should get her a ring.

i enjoyed how in juliette/ella and warner’s pov we were shown flashbacks from when they were younger. But Mafi, of course, had other plans as we find out that Anderson has managed to take some of Sonia and Sara’s healing powers. Warner sits in the dark cell for two weeks, being fed poisoned bread made to muddle his thoughts, but he quickly realizes that he is in Oceania, and also is smart to calculate how long he can go without food before he completely weakens.

It had little plot structure, and for a character-based book, I did not see drastic character development.

Particularly since 90% of Juliette and Warner’s chapters for the first half of the book were flashbacks. It turns out that when Anderson stole the twins, he took them to Evie so that she can replicate their healing abilities and give it to him, so he now is able to heal. Reverting to Ella, I understand, is somewhat of a clean slate and shows her heritage as a person of power, but it’s just not the same person to me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment