276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wrong/Right Man

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I take the pen she holds out to me and scribble my name across the bottom of the document she turns my way. When I’m done, she dumps the contents out of the envelope. If you’re an ARR fan, you will absolutely love the jealous possessive hero of the story. He does whatever it takes to not only get his girl, but to keep her secure. A man after my own heart. If you promise to talk the guys into helping me move my stuff out of storage on Sunday, no matter how much they drink Saturday night.” Braxton... OMG, may I just say I ADORED every single thing about this man, even his cluelessness when it came to how overbearing he was being, made me fall hard for him. True OTT Alpha and I. LOVED. IT! Sexy, confident, devoted, giving and LOVING, this man really was the best and is now right there at the top - together with Nico, of course - of my fav ARR Alphas, and that is saying a lot with how much Alpha goodness she has given us. Braxton is as swoon worthy, sigh inducing as it goes!

JAMIE, IF YOU’RE not out here in ten minutes, I’m leaving!” I shout down the hall toward my brother’s bedroom. I hate waiting. Patience isn’t one of my better qualities. And since I know I need to be across Seattle by nine to meet with the leasing office to get the keys for my new place and traffic this time of day is a disaster, my nerves are on edge with annoyance and worry. Waking up to a text asking why you stood up your blind date is not the best way to start the day, especially when the man in question is standing half-dressed in your kitchen.Maybe Dakota Newton shouldn't have assumed the gorgeous man with a devastating smile standing outside the coffee shop was her date.

right a wrong

Brax Adam’s has been called a few things in his life, but a liar was never one of them. That all changes when he’s standing outside a coffee shop and approached by a beautiful woman who thinks he’s there to meet her for a blind date. Lawrence Douglas's immensely readable book absorbs the reader in the twists and turns of the Demjanjuk saga, helping us understand both why justice required prosecuting Demjanjuk for his ‘egregious moral complicity,' and how the job got done. ---Kevin P. Spicer, Commonweal

Sophisticated and suspenseful, the book provides a trenchant analysis of the legal and moral dilemmas surrounding trials for genocidal crimes against humanity."—Glenn Altschuler, Jerusalem Post Attorney Frank O'Connor sets out to prove that Manny cannot possibly be the right man: at the time of the first hold-up he was on vacation with his family, and at the time of the second his jaw was so swollen that witnesses would certainly have noticed. Of three people who the couple played cards with at the vacation hotel, two have died and the third cannot be found. All this devastates Rose, whose resulting depression forces her to be hospitalized. I’m not in the market for a wife, Dakota.” His tone softens as he continues. “I know you want that. A family, to get married and have kids, but I don’t.”In this insightful and gracefully written book, Douglas elevates the Demjanjuk case from a legal curiosity—one involving an initially mistaken prosecution followed by a later valid one—to a study in the uses and limits of the law when it confronts genocide." —Michael B. Mukasey, former US attorney general You know I hate being late,” I growl, running my hands down my hair and smoothing out the pieces he just destroyed, making sure my ponytail is still in place.

A perceptive and thought-provoking analysis. . . . The story told by Lawrence Douglas in The Right Wrong Man is a vital part of that narrative of barbarism [and] a remorselessly fascinating account of the longest trial of any defendant accused of Nazi crimes."—Oliver Kamm, Jewish Chronicle No.” I don’t need to see them again; the images are burned into my brain. I still have no idea who sent me the photos of Troy and his colleague together, but I’m thankful to them, grateful I found out the truth about who he is.

right a ˈwrong

The male MC is psychotic. Yes by the end of the book he was made to look like such a sweet guy who got the girl and lived happy ever after. But it feels wrong on so many levels to paint such a relationship and stamp a happy ending on it like it’s the most natural of circumstances. Lawrence Douglas has once again provided us with a history-laden and provocative analysis of Holocaust trials. His riveting study of the Demjanjuk saga is of importance, not just to historians and jurists, but to all those who wonder how can justice ever prevail when the crime being adjudicated is genocide."—Deborah E. Lipstadt, Emory University As a businessman, Brax knows to trust his gut and never let an opportunity pass him by, so he pretends to be someone he's not. The Right Wrong Man is a fascinating exploration of what kind of justice the bit players in history's greatest crimes deserve. With the authority of an academic and the eye of a novelist, Lawrence Douglas sheds bright new light on the perplexing case of John Demjanjuk, a small cog in the Nazis' genocidal machine. Although Demjanjuk was not ‘Ivan the Terrible,' as originally accused, Douglas argues that in the end he was Ivan-the-terrible-enough to have been properly convicted."—Jane Mayer, staff writer with the New Yorker An excellent legal-minded elucidation of the long trail toward the conviction of a notorious concentration camp guard."— Kirkus

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment